Concerns about legacy

Koendewit

Is legacy going to be the dividing element between people who play lots of alts and people who dont?

Because i for one dont play alts, i like to just focus on one character and try to optimize my playstyle. Im afraid that the people who make lots of alts are going to have significant advantages over people that dont. In the latest video in this site, one of the devs is talking about legacy and he says you will get stuff like: "powers etc. that you otherwise wouldnt have..

I hope bioware isn't going out of their minds with the "Story" thing. Dont get me wrong, I love the story and lvling in SWTOR, but i really hope that things like legacy are not going to effect the already not that great balance.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Koendewit

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any powers you unlock from legacy will be given to your level 50 as well. I just expect those powers to be of more use when you are levelling, so giving people with alt's an easier time levelling them.

As legacy xp is a portion of earned xp do you stop earning legacy xp at level 50? If not then concentrating on a 50 is probably the best way of getting legacy xp unless they give some kind of bonus when playing multiple toons.

My biggest concern is the stuff you unlock character customization/ race wise. If I make a alt now and level it more then likely the game wont allow me to change it around once legacy hits. Even though i REALLY want to level a alt healer to 50 the whole lack of information on the legacy system is making me hold off :(

I think the OP was asking a legit question and many answers here do not seem based on the question asked. I reviewed the video that BW posted on upcoming changes (and I'm guessing that this is where the question arose for the OP) and this same question came to mind.

The video shows that Alts will be part of a family tree in the legacy...and how you branch this tree, will give additional COMBAT abilities to your characters, that would, otherwise, not be available to their class. Now, if BW didn't mean that, they need to clarify it more. Because, if Legacy is going to do that, it will really make PvP interesting.

We believe that our Legacy System design strikes a great balance between players that like to play multiple characters and players that rather focus on one main character in endgame.

We know you're anxious to hear more, and don't worry, we'll talk about it in the future before patch 1.2 goes live.

Yes... Talk Talk Talk... That is all we hear! This coming from a system that should have been setup from the start. It is ridiculous that we are gaining level in a system that hasn't even been implemented or explained.

Much like guild banks.. Should have been in from the beginning!

We believe that our Legacy System design strikes a great balance between players that like to play multiple characters and players that rather focus on one main character in endgame.

We know you're anxious to hear more, and don't worry, we'll talk about it in the future before patch 1.2 goes live.

Thank you, i hope you implement a system that rewards skill points for legacy to furthur shake things up with multi-spec'd classes.

Yes... Talk Talk Talk... That is all we hear! This coming from a system that should have been setup from the start. It is ridiculous that we are gaining level in a system that hasn't even been implemented or explained.

why is it ridiculous. At least we get to level it now rather than later. Why is it so bad that they want to make sure the system is right before they implement it?

I cant see how this is really affecting anyones gameplay at this point. Seems like some of you are impatient and WANT EVERYTHING NAOW!!!!!

chill out.

I just want to know if in the video the Miraluka Sith Warrior was created that way or changed the race after a few levels.

I really want to play a Trooper alt, and I want him to be Chiss (with Cyborg implants as customization option!)...

So, should I start leveling now or wait until the Legacy System is implemented fully, possibly waiting until March?

My biggest concern is the stuff you unlock character customization/ race wise. If I make a alt now and level it more then likely the game wont allow me to change it around once legacy hits. Even though i REALLY want to level a alt healer to 50 the whole lack of information on the legacy system is making me hold off :(

This is my biggest concern at the moment. I have a low level Inquisitor alt that I want to level SO bad but I'm discouraged because if Legacy presents new race / class combos, I may want to go that route. My issue is that I believe Inquisitor would be my main toon but I don't want to put that time into it if I'm just going to re-roll it a few months from now. It would be nice if we knew if we'd be allowed to switch our current race to one of our newly unlocked races or not. That would be a deciding factor in holding off or leveling this much wanted alt.

For now, I'm holding off on leveling him. But it's a little upsetting that the only thing I want to play right now is the very thing I'm not letting myself play due to lack of information.

Because, let's face it... A Miraluka Sorcerer is WAY TOO COOL! :mon_cool:

I hope legacy will be made availible cross server, i probably reroll a republic toon but at a high population server cause imperial is allready to empty for my taste at my current server (Sith'ari, is a medium populated server). You shouldn't be punished for chosing the wrong server early on (mine even had waiting ques at launch, case of bad luck)

Is legacy going to be the dividing element between people who play lots of alts and people who dont?

Because i for one dont play alts, i like to just focus on one character and try to optimize my playstyle. Im afraid that the people who make lots of alts are going to have significant advantages over people that dont. In the latest video in this site, one of the devs is talking about legacy and he says you will get stuff like: "powers etc. that you otherwise wouldnt have..

I hope bioware isn't going out of their minds with the "Story" thing. Dont get me wrong, I love the story and lvling in SWTOR, but i really hope that things like legacy are not going to effect the already not that great balance.

What do you guys think?

I sure hope they do.

For years content that gets you further than others has been based around raiding while those of us with alt-itis have had nothing.

I welcome a game that realizes there are people who have different playstyles and instead of centering everything around the one character raiders they add stuff like this.

why is it ridiculous. At least we get to level it now rather than later. Why is it so bad that they want to make sure the system is right before they implement it?

I cant see how this is really affecting anyones gameplay at this point. Seems like some of you are impatient and WANT EVERYTHING NAOW!!!!!

chill out.

Yup would have been pretty silly not be able to gain xp in the system until everyone is max level.

Here here. Also codex shouldnt of been fixed also

I sure hope they do.

For years content that gets you further than others has been based around raiding while those of us with alt-itis have had nothing.

I welcome a game that realizes there are people who have different playstyles and instead of centering everything around the one character raiders they add stuff like this.

This.

I'm never going to argue that the game shouldn't have raiding and a form of progression at max level. I'm also never going to really participate in said systems because I hate raiding with a passion -- just not for me.

So I dearly hope that the Legacy system provides something interesting for those of us who prefer to play lots of different characters.

This is my biggest concern at the moment. I have a low level Inquisitor alt that I want to level SO bad but I'm discouraged because if Legacy presents new race / class combos, I may want to go that route. My issue is that I believe Inquisitor would be my main toon but I don't want to put that time into it if I'm just going to re-roll it a few months from now. It would be nice if we knew if we'd be allowed to switch our current race to one of our newly unlocked races or not. That would be a deciding factor in holding off or leveling this much wanted alt.

For now, I'm holding off on leveling him. But it's a little upsetting that the only thing I want to play right now is the very thing I'm not letting myself play due to lack of information.

Because, let's face it... A Miraluka Sorcerer is WAY TOO COOL! :mon_cool:

I am actually leveling an alt with the belief when legacy hits I will scrap my SI and start a new one who is a species I want to play. Of course I am assuming that legacy will aloow me to play a species I want to play if that doesn't happen not sure what I will do.