Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

M_o_s_e_s
01.21.2012 , 05:23 AM | #121
Love this guide it is a great source of info when deciding which sith character to choose. Any chance you could put one of these up for a Jedi Guardian as we really don't have anything to go by in that section of the froums, just a bunch of messy posts that repeat everyday by different new comers. Great job on this and the others I have read.

Jfrio
01.22.2012 , 11:04 AM | #122
From a pvp survivability standpoint using deception, since Duplicity can only proc once every 10 seconds wouldnt it be worth it to spend only one or two points there and put the extra remaining points in Insulation? Since most abilities hit more then once there is a pretty good chance u'll still be able to utilize the duplicity maul every 10 seconds with only a 10% chance on hit. Picking up the extra armor seems like a good damage reducer.

Also, why not pick up Lightning Recovery to reduce kiting and get more force shrouds in.

The build i like for PvP is this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZrGrRkhrbtz.1

I feel it gives better survivability.

Thoughts?

Zaxem
01.23.2012 , 03:39 AM | #123
you said as a deception dps assassin i want crit is there a certain % of crit i want then i go for power?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Lapens
01.23.2012 , 07:31 AM | #124
This CODEX it's INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!

I change my main character for an assassin and this codex just what i needed !!

THX so much.

Svicious
01.23.2012 , 01:06 PM | #125
I was curious... if we should be concentrating on Shield/Absorb/Def/Surge... why does the endgame tier equipment have so much Accuracy instead of Shield or Defense on it?

Ekemeister
01.24.2012 , 09:21 AM | #126
Experimenting with Madness since lv 44. Full madness gives more than enough of a rotation without maul. Besides, Maul doesn't do a lot of damage until a player possesses the Induction skill for the 30% extra crit damage.
Sith Assassin Helm & Hood? :Not included with purchase of SWTOR.

Angina
01.25.2012 , 01:23 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekemeister View Post
Experimenting with Madness since lv 44. Full madness gives more than enough of a rotation without maul. Besides, Maul doesn't do a lot of damage until a player possesses the Induction skill for the 30% extra crit damage.
I couldn't agree more. I posted my thoughts on this a few pages back before I was 50, now that I'm 50 and I know how hard Thrash is hitting, I'm even more sure. It also gives us 3 points to spend, here's my thoughts:

I'm wondering if 8/2/31 will be the better build for PVE madness.

My suspicion is that the buffs to thrash and the relatively low force regen makes trying to use Maul in our rotation not worth it. I suspect that we won't have the extra force and time to work in Maul effectively making those three points very low yield to benefit ratio.

What I propose is that the extra 3% damage from electric execution in darkness tree and having a burst CD from the two points in dark embrace (force cloak then spam assassinate/thrash/shock with increased force regen) and dropping Maul from the priority list. We would then use Thrash/lacerate/assassinate when no dots need refreshing and you don't need force. I'm also under the impression that each attack from thrash can individually proc your Raze ability which is our biggest DPS boost of all (especially on fights with more than one target).

Kayoss
01.26.2012 , 04:12 PM | #128
In the Deception PvE section, why would Entropic Field be taken over 2/3 Electric Execution? The very name of the build is "Armor Piercing" it would seem that those 2 points in EF would be better places there.
"Eat lightsaber, jerk."

"I have an excellent sabacc face. That was a joke. I hate sabacc"

Coolmojo
01.27.2012 , 12:16 PM | #129
Great Guide. +1

wrong_turn
01.27.2012 , 12:50 PM | #130
This is an awesome guide! going though it now to help me get a better handle on my assassin who has been a bit of an enigma to me.
ịị◚◚◚◚ịịịị7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. -Master Yoda CE