Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphics Issue. Can't see anything

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Graphics Issue. Can't see anything
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RubikPi
12.14.2011 , 02:07 PM | #1
Hello,

I just got into the game via Early Access and I am having Graphics Issues.

The graphics are slow and glitchy in the menus, and when I actually go into the game, all I see is a gray wall. I can see the HUD, but I don't see anything in the world.
This issue occurred at the very beginning of the smuggler story on Ord Mantell. I can't even talk to the first character because I can't see him (although I can hear him quite well.) This happened on Terentatek server.

I've gone through and made sure my DirectX and Drivers are up to date, although I'm not the most computer savvy person so I may have missed something.

The computer I am using is a Toshiba Satellite C655.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. It is a 64-bit system.

I have 4 GB of ram.

I am using an Intel HD Graphics card. It was last updated on Feb. 20 2010. But I told it to look for new drivers and it didn't find any.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the DxDiag

Spoiler

Server: Prophecy of the Five
Republic: Klaxyn
Empire: Kallak

darita-solipsis
12.14.2011 , 03:30 PM | #2
same problem here. no answers
Imperial Fascist

Conveeyor
12.14.2011 , 03:34 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
When you are experiencing this issue with your Intel(R) HD Graphics then it is because you don't have the latest drivers given out by Intel in November. Please go to the Intel Download Center and look for the latest drivers for your onboard chip.

We know that some laptops are not allowing the use of other drivers. Then we can only advise you to contact your manufacturer for help.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ThMirtisAsmenys
12.14.2011 , 03:36 PM | #4
are you running on the lowest settings? have you turned shadows and other graphical enhancements off?

SquintyEyEs
12.14.2011 , 04:28 PM | #5
Got the lastest driver installed too and i still dont think it works :S

pretty sure i have the exact same specs as urs as well. Toshiba sattelite i5 4gb ram and a integrated graphics card

darita-solipsis
12.14.2011 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by J3-H1 View Post
When you are experiencing this issue with your Intel(R) HD Graphics then it is because you don't have the latest drivers given out by Intel in November. Please go to the Intel Download Center and look for the latest drivers for your onboard chip.

We know that some laptops are not allowing the use of other drivers. Then we can only advise you to contact your manufacturer for help.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
pretty sure we have all done that but nothing changed
Imperial Fascist