Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

Brynklad
01.24.2012 , 06:50 AM | #11
Backlash is a 3 second Mezz not a stun... breaks on damage (assuming the tooltip can be believed)

Arutassin
01.24.2012 , 06:55 AM | #12
PvP is such a joke in this game. I came to it to play PvP. I therefore will quit after this month.

I don't care if you don't care, it's all irrelevant. You can surely agree however in it's current state, PvP is a joke and the changes the devs make show they have no idea at all.

XNakaaX
01.24.2012 , 06:56 AM | #13
Why do you see so much sorcs in the wz?
A) Everbody likes lightning
B) They got such nice abilities
C) I dont't care i play another FOTM-class

AlexanderGL
01.24.2012 , 06:59 AM | #14
i'm sage healer... and i'll say... it's really hard ti survive against any GoodGeared skilled DPS class on open grounds...
But if DPS class are noob or we fighting not on open ground, but on location with corners etc... where i can hide from him for aditional 1-2 sec to not be interupted... it allmost imposible to kill skilled SageHealer.

Shure... of you want as it was earlyer to strike against 2DPS + 1 healer kill 1dps or healer in few seconds then go into the shadow, it's not imposible...

But 1v1 you have all chances if you'll overplay your target.

learn their mechanics...

Try to play Sorcers or sages. And you'l see how to kill them.. you'll see the pluses and minuses if these class...

You can stealth... you can chose you'r target you can chose situation for attack...
Like if Sorc|Sage just put Bubble on himself that mean 20sec he will be without bubble...
They have got Lowest armor raiting from all classes...

and 1 more clue... DO NOT alone attack target(sage healer) with Tank protection buff... only CC it...

xkanne
01.24.2012 , 07:02 AM | #15
First thing Operative is not OP as a class... its all about Bioware failure. GAME is totaly LAGED on SKILLS and animation. When you making jaggering strike and player immediately used escape he still must wait till animation over because in this game ANIMATION got priority above skill use. That delay is an issue which cant be fixen by NERFING operatives or any other class. THEY should FIX SKILL LAG first and then look at balance. Today upcoming patch will only bring more whining about how UNBALANCED and LAGY that game is. Of course there will be some players that are happy because those bad operatives are nefred but...hey...now that bad marauder is killing meh!...nerf
him!....or wait... sorcressor dare to cast lightning on meh! neeeeeeerf! BH are fine and even underpowered (because me saying that!) I played BH...its so exciting and refreshing to send legions of enemies to their God.

TBH most of my friends already quit game and rest of them waiting until subrscription ends and if Bioware didnt bother to fix that LAGS it will be pointless to continue playing. There are classes based on perfect timing to make serious damage and we see that even perfectly used skills doesnt give sure that those skill will be casted. In pvp i expect that my enemy will use brain and some counter spells to take advantage over me, if he wont use it, he will be dead. In most pvp based mmo's predicting enemy moves can give you some advantage over opponent - here skills are affected by lag and nerfing wont help.

Btw How many times in PvP/PVE fight You stand in place with low HP just before Your death like 2-6 seconds and was unable to use any skill and then Suddenly died.
This game will be killed by SKILL LAG if they wont fix it fast.

Thank You for reading i hope You agree with my points of wiev.

FIX LAGS, THEN BALANCE CLASSES!
The pvp in this game is a myth. You hear about it but never are able to actually see it.

Wickedluck
01.24.2012 , 07:25 AM | #16
mballz nice name did u just say a sourc cannot hit for 3 to 4 k in a single strike bahahahahahahahahaha DUDE lighnting over the 4sec period hits me in full champ gear between 3500 to 6000 or higher if they spec in that tree. Just because the numbers come in sets of 3 dosent mean that the skill hits for less .If i get hit by lightning it looks like this 1500 2200 1500,or 2200,1500,1500.If they spec up the tree then it looks like this 1800,2500,1800.So iget stunned zapped by lighnting then another sourc comes and he stuns me and zaps me again then the other finished me off and i have been able to do nothing because i already used all my cds.

HiSaZuL
01.24.2012 , 07:29 AM | #17
bubble stun.... really... its your flashbang... except it only works melee range you need to waste 2 points for it and it only works when someone is already tearing you apart. oh and it breaks on damage instantly. yeah bro your tears make me happy.
snare is op... yeah son it is being a 30 point talent and doing yet again 200 dmg a tick watch out for them snares and epic madness dps... OH wait... them heavy classes have 20k hp and madness dots tick for 200-400(crits) dmg NVM bro. you can just ignore sorc and their dots and just /laugh at them because by the time they do enough damage to kill someone past level 10 you could kill them with your regular cost free auto shot.
sorc can just break out of your stun??!?! really??? so.... why exactly cant you break out of sorc ungodly super stun yourself too?
ever seen a sorc drop someone in single knockdown? no? thats because they dont hit for 4k normally and can outright smack you for 10k when buffed to no end.
but do keep trying to whine because your iwin class got lowered down a bit.

when slicing got nerfed people whined too... they got over it... and apparently it still makes you money. while my diplomacy just eats money. go figure

HiSaZuL
01.24.2012 , 07:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wickedluck View Post
mballz nice name did u just say a sourc cannot hit for 3 to 4 k in a single strike bahahahahahahahahaha DUDE lighnting over the 4sec period hits me in full champ gear between 3500 to 6000 or higher if they spec in that tree. Just because the numbers come in sets of 3 dosent mean that the skill hits for less .If i get hit by lightning it looks like this 1500 2200 1500,or 2200,1500,1500.If they spec up the tree then it looks like this 1800,2500,1800.So iget stunned zapped by lighnting then another sourc comes and he stuns me and zaps me again then the other finished me off and i have been able to do nothing because i already used all my cds.
all i heard is zap zap i got ganked by 3 sorc that have force lightning hitting for 6k... RIGHT.

wintersnight
01.24.2012 , 07:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chal View Post
You stand on your soapbox spouting drivel, talking about two and three different trees/types of sorces. No sorce can get all the utility you just described, nor can they use the skills as fast as you claim, might want to play one before pouting.

I get this from your post, as long as you are winning, you are fine with everything, if you get your butt kicked then the folks doing the butt kicking need nerfed, that includes anyone in your eyes....that about cover it?
you guys *****hed and moaned about OPs...now everyone has finished with them and are on to you and Mercs.....get ready....you have seen how hard they swing the nerf bat.
Never Bring a Glow-Stick to a Blaster Fight

Winters

HiSaZuL
01.24.2012 , 07:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wintersnight View Post
you guys *****hed and moaned about OPs...now everyone has finished with them and are on to you and Mercs.....get ready....you have seen how hard they swing the nerf bat.
its blizzard all over again. but if it really is blizzard then the more popular(bigger forum whiner base) class will stay safe.
besides i can hardly see what u can nerf about sorc and not made a whole class a joke. ops throwing fountains of tears because they cant 2 shot ppl anymore is all touching and all but it will die down faster then slicing qq.