Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

Aramtrueshot
01.23.2012 , 10:57 PM | #1
Ok, so I will admit a majority of my fights as an operative are against sorcerers.. on my server I would guess in pvp a good 40% + of the pvp players are sorcerers.

With the incoming nerf will someone please explain how a 6th level ability for the ops can be totally negated by a 4th level ability the sorcerers can get?

Jarring strike WAAAAY up the talent tree (6 levels) is now 1.5 second stun that will fill up the resolve bar (re: silly). Backlash a level 4 talent will blind for 3 seconds everyone when the bubble bursts. And it does not fill up the resolve bar.. Huh?

So I open on a sorcerer, to maybe get 1k to 2k of damage if I crit (bubble absorbs 2500 I hear.. someone might enlighten me on this). I get blinded for 3 seconds and can do nothing, sorcerer gets up after 1.5 seconds, immune to all crowd control. Can get range.. root, stun, run away, re bubble etc... If I do break the blind, then I am re-crowd controlled because his ability did not fill the resolve bar.

Why on earth would I ever want to use jarring strike? Why does it cost so much now, and why is it so easily negated now?

I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around this nerf on the ability...

1) Make it not fill the resolve bar, yes we will then stun.. but after the initial stun, which uses a GC and does lowered damage the fight is on... and you can break it.

2) Make jarring strike a root. Make it not fill the bar up, but make it root for 3 to 4 seconds. And move it down on the talent tree...

3) Replace the neutered jarring strike with something else that is an escape, or a talent that allows cloaking screen to wipe all bad effects upon use. That way we can use evasions for more than just a button we click before we combat cloak.

This change to jarring strike and doing nothing more than just nerfing it, really confuses me. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the class works, how the flow of pvp goes, and most disturbing a serious lack of thought or creativity.

Am I wrong? I just know now whenever I meet a sorc with backlash its already frustrating.. now its useless.

Torn
01.23.2012 , 11:23 PM | #2
Just lower our overall DPS and somehow that is their fix for this problem - These people are not MMO devs whoever they are - and if they are they are the worst I have ever seen
" I see your is as big as mine "

Cedwyn-LotD
01.23.2012 , 11:34 PM | #3
Don't fight Sorcs.

Issue Solved.
Lords of the Dead
http://www.lotd.org

Azarii
01.23.2012 , 11:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedwyn-LotD View Post
Don't fight Sorcs.

Issue Solved.
So most matches would just be the Op chilling in stealth then.

chadicus
01.23.2012 , 11:37 PM | #5
I don't even know what to think. Not only does the "bubble blind" not cause full resolve, their 5 second stun doesn't either. Add to this their AoE knockback and perma-snare force lightning, I don't see why they aren't being nerfed as hard as Ops are. Don't even get me started on Tracer/Grav round spam that does more damage than a 9 second cooldown backstab..........

Aramtrueshot
01.23.2012 , 11:37 PM | #6
That's a great solution..

2 problems:

1) They make up a vast majority of the pvp population.

2) If there was anything that resembled open world pvp, I might be able to avoid some fights.

(Yes I know, you probably weren't serious.. but hey... the developers might actually think you were.) That's if they read these threads.

Chal
01.24.2012 , 06:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramtrueshot View Post
Ok, so I will admit a majority of my fights as an operative are against sorcerers.. on my server I would guess in pvp a good 40% + of the pvp players are sorcerers.

With the incoming nerf will someone please explain how a 6th level ability for the ops can be totally negated by a 4th level ability the sorcerers can get?

Jarring strike WAAAAY up the talent tree (6 levels) is now 1.5 second stun that will fill up the resolve bar (re: silly). Backlash a level 4 talent will blind for 3 seconds everyone when the bubble bursts. And it does not fill up the resolve bar.. Huh?

So I open on a sorcerer, to maybe get 1k to 2k of damage if I crit (bubble absorbs 2500 I hear.. someone might enlighten me on this). I get blinded for 3 seconds and can do nothing, sorcerer gets up after 1.5 seconds, immune to all crowd control. Can get range.. root, stun, run away, re bubble etc... If I do break the blind, then I am re-crowd controlled because his ability did not fill the resolve bar.

Why on earth would I ever want to use jarring strike? Why does it cost so much now, and why is it so easily negated now?

I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around this nerf on the ability...

1) Make it not fill the resolve bar, yes we will then stun.. but after the initial stun, which uses a GC and does lowered damage the fight is on... and you can break it.

2) Make jarring strike a root. Make it not fill the bar up, but make it root for 3 to 4 seconds. And move it down on the talent tree...

3) Replace the neutered jarring strike with something else that is an escape, or a talent that allows cloaking screen to wipe all bad effects upon use. That way we can use evasions for more than just a button we click before we combat cloak.

This change to jarring strike and doing nothing more than just nerfing it, really confuses me. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the class works, how the flow of pvp goes, and most disturbing a serious lack of thought or creativity.

Am I wrong? I just know now whenever I meet a sorc with backlash its already frustrating.. now its useless.
You stand on your soapbox spouting drivel, talking about two and three different trees/types of sorces. No sorce can get all the utility you just described, nor can they use the skills as fast as you claim, might want to play one before pouting.

I get this from your post, as long as you are winning, you are fine with everything, if you get your butt kicked then the folks doing the butt kicking need nerfed, that includes anyone in your eyes....that about cover it?

Ricul
01.24.2012 , 06:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedwyn-LotD View Post
Don't fight Sorcs.

Issue Solved.
^This. Omg now i have coffee all over my monitor.
. R.I.P. OPOD

MBALLZ_IZHARI
01.24.2012 , 06:22 AM | #9
The stun effect from the bubble loses it's effect the next time you take damage with that in mind considering a sorc CANNOT crit for a 3-4+k in a single hit (sorry you got nerfed get over it) you can go right back to attacking the squishy target you were before it's not like he/she can drop you right after the stun (like operatives could before the patch).

Your rant is just (THEY NERFED X SO THEY SHOULD NERF Y) finger pointing.

Lariuss
01.24.2012 , 06:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MBALLZ_IZHARI View Post
I have no idea what each class does at level 50 in pvp.
I agree.