Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annoyed

HyperThomas
01.24.2012 , 12:48 AM | #1
So I went with a group of 4 guys to do False Emperor HM... we were going good (2 or 3 deaths) and beat HK-47 second try no problems.
However, as soon as we beat the boss, they all had to log...
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is kind of rude, saying you will do a flashpoint means you are dedicated to the end, and should have set a 4 hour period to complete it.
I wasted 3 hours and about 60k in repair fees and got nothing out of it. Because people are not well organized enough.

Well I did get 7 tionese crystals... but they are worthless... champion pvp gear is totally better and easier to get.

Just a warning to anyone thinking about doing HMs, try to think before going into a FP, think if you have enough time... and please don't go if you are wayyyy under-geared.

Just raging... don't mind me.
Chilastra - SWG
Master DaríNala
Ciraf - Justin Biebs

Rabix
01.24.2012 , 01:01 AM | #2
it is rude? depends on how long you'd spent on it already and how many times you'd wiped and how close you were to finishing
10 minutes, 0 wipes? very rude
6 hours, 20 wipes, almost no progress? totally understandable

where you draw the line between rude and acceptable will be a personal thing, but 60k on repairs sounds like 5-6 wipes, which I think would be reasonable for a pug to stop after

snowmon
01.24.2012 , 06:06 AM | #3
no offence but if i was in there for 3hrs i would have left also, thats a bit of a joke tbh.

last night i got home at 17:50

by 18:38 i had turned on my PC, loaded up swtor, got a group ran FE hm and handed in the daily quest.

we wiped once. and attempted 4 times to get HK-47 to turn up so we could kick his arse. other than that is was a nie fast and easy run as always.

3hrs is a ridiculous amount of time to be spending in there.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Erevan_Kindelar
01.24.2012 , 06:13 AM | #4
I guess the OP is PUGging for this one. In that case, I am surprised it took 3 hours for people to give up.
Generally, I would say PUGs are a good way to move through the normal mode FPs, but when you get to the HM flashpoints and operations, doing them with anything other than a Guild group is both a pain and a potential risk - as OP points out, the repair bill and time spent with nothing worthwhile to show for it.

Finding a guild is not for everyone, and often if you are in a guild then the guild cannot or does not run the HMs on a timetable that suits you. But they do go much more easily if you have voice comms with a well-coordinated group who know what they are doing.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

BMBender
01.24.2012 , 06:50 AM | #5
blocking out a time slot of 4 hours for FE is rather unreasonble tbh. Generaly speaking 4 hrs of FE = alot of wipes and no PUGS gonna stick around for that EVER. If you enjoy PUGing (an nothing wrong if you do) may I suggest finding a teamate to pug run with consitently? Even if only 2 people are on the same page as far as communication/coordination within a PUG it can have a rather large impact in smoothing a run.
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

snowmon
01.24.2012 , 06:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
I guess the OP is PUGging for this one. In that case, I am surprised it took 3 hours for people to give up.
Generally, I would say PUGs are a good way to move through the normal mode FPs, but when you get to the HM flashpoints and operations, doing them with anything other than a Guild group is both a pain and a potential risk - as OP points out, the repair bill and time spent with nothing worthwhile to show for it.

Finding a guild is not for everyone, and often if you are in a guild then the guild cannot or does not run the HMs on a timetable that suits you. But they do go much more easily if you have voice comms with a well-coordinated group who know what they are doing.
my run was a pug run :P

guess Niman has some good pugs lol
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Bloomfate
01.24.2012 , 06:55 AM | #7
3 wipes before HK is a good run ? 4 hours for FE ? We must play a different game :|.