Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

Isharel
12.14.2011 , 10:57 AM | #71
To be entirely honest, I like the fantasy of a Jedi survivor in hiding. Or a Jedi order-ish thing in hiding after the Sith Empire decimates us. I'd enjoy stories about that.
Founder, unsubscribed after 6 months of disappointment.

DarthInfamous
12.14.2011 , 11:03 AM | #72
You must unlearn what you have learned.
[closes his eyes for a moment]
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future

Dropadeuce
12.14.2011 , 11:07 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRhaze View Post
Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

Only if said moisture farmer with his 92' bowl cut is wearing full denim.

Tbrocks
12.14.2011 , 11:14 AM | #74
Hm itīs not pointless. This is our time to change the ending in the movies... "We" the players is going to change the star wars future .

hobieone
12.14.2011 , 11:29 AM | #75
one could think of it as playing on an alternate time line

IasonEvan
12.14.2011 , 11:36 AM | #76
That's like not wanting to play as a Roman Faction in an RTS because eventually they lose.

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb." -Dark Helmet. That said, Luke Skywalker is my hero and has been since I was 7 in 1982. I am rolling Republic son! Good might be dumb, but we ALWAYS win.

Azreall
12.14.2011 , 11:47 AM | #77
yes good is going to win ultimately...but its not the destination, its the journey!

its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game

oh and besides...this games story isnt going to end. its going to continue as long as there are enough subscriptions to keep it going. if the war ended while this game was still popular....that would just be awkward...regardless of who won!

It is a dark time for the galactic republic! thousands of jedi trying desparately to catch up on meditation.
troopers washing speeder windsheilds since theyve been laid off, and smugglers suddenly finding themselves as the bad guys with no tanks to back them up

Wrathofnatur
12.14.2011 , 11:49 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post

1. The Sith Empire are crushed. Not good for me, I am Imperial all the way.
2. Kenobi was a lying, cheating, scum-filled propaganda artist and Luke was an impressionable, innocent young boy.
3. The Galactic Republic eventually won a long and bloody war, and proceeded to write the Sith Empire out of history, dismissing them as an irrelevant uprising.
I second that kenobi was lying. he was still feeling guilty
We will meet AGAIN!!! In this MMO or the next!!!

nobadee
12.14.2011 , 12:52 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRhaze View Post
Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

Why bother doing Civil War reenactments, it's obvious how they end, the Russians always win.

Chiramu
12.14.2011 , 03:28 PM | #80
The Imperials are actually quite interesting to play , I love the underside to the Empire that you see when you play an IA.
The Sith are just evil sons-of-*****es. But the actual normal people behind the Empire are really cool .

So, it is quite cool to play Empire if you want to see behind-the-scenes.