Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Loot Workaround for ops

01.14.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1
Last night we did eternity vault.. needless to say super buggy... whenever we went back to kill Gharj, he would kill random people as soon as the speeder landed.. every time.. also randomly if you tried to re-enter the dungeon while a wipe was occurring, you would have to re-clear trash because the instance would permanently lock you out.. anyways despite all this the biggest bug was predestined loot.. what the hell!

We had 2 consulars and the consular loot was always assigned to one not the other.. how can you fixe predestined loot? anyways we set it to master loot to see if we could solve it. IT ONLY MADE IT WORSE when loot dropped the master looter could not assign it because it was predestined so we had to watch is rot there! Later that night we tried everything to get it out and finally found a Workaround.

WORKAROUND:make the person who needs to get the loot the op leader. and then they can loot it.

Anyways Bioware i hope you know about this bug and are working on it i posted this here so people can get there loot without a ticket. hope this helps! and does anyone know how to get the loot to not be predestined?

01.14.2012 , 02:26 PM | #2
Randomly assigned loot is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in an MMO.

01.14.2012 , 03:30 PM | #3
Your problem is solved when you get to hard mode as everything is rolled upon.

But I agree with you! Loot bags are retarted!
-Server Veela "PVP US-EAST"
"Imperial Agent Operative (Heals) since 1986"

01.14.2012 , 04:15 PM | #4
I had my first EV and KP yesterday and I got something off every single boss, sometimes doubles. Now almost fully Columni geared, that is just so unfair on everyone else!

They really really have to fix this crap
Crucias: Sith Inquisitor
FYI: I can't remove the Stupidity debuff, so I'll just sacrifice you to the gods of the loot roll dice.

01.14.2012 , 06:55 PM | #5
Normal modes are supposed to be walkover and you are supposed to get free loot. Why bother with a rolling system for something that is puggable? In hardmodes there is a roll meaning that's where you are supposed to get your gear from if you are in a guild. So stop whining and go do hardmodes. Let the normalmodes stay as they are for pug purposes. It's fine.

01.23.2012 , 10:45 PM | #6
This work-around did not work in my ops group. We started with both round robin and master loot on two occassions before switching ops leader. First time we started on master loot and when ops leader was switched i couldn't open the chest. Second time started on round robin and switched to me, i changed to master loot, was able to open chest but not take loot assigned to someone else.

Perhaps try round robin, leader change to master loot, then switch ops leader. Or I don't know, maybe OP just got a one time bug.
↱↲↳↴↱↲↳↴↱↲ CYBERNETIC PUNKS ↱↲↳↴↱↲↳↴↱↲
Hardcore Gaming Community
News | Forums | Recruitment