Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin, Deception or Madness?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Assassin, Deception or Madness?

bishanator
01.23.2012 , 07:33 PM | #1
Hey guys, so iv been playing since Beta and EGA and all through that time i rolled deception assassin spec with a few points in darkness and madness for the extra damage/crit and force speed.

So having got my full champion set with a few centurion pieces, lately iv been finding it difficult to take down some classes, i have not had trouble with deception untill now since everyone has started to get BM gear etc etc. The burst from deception is insane but i decided i wanted to try Madness spec for abit as the deception gamestyle was getting a bit tedious for me as i have been playing it for so long now. Before you ask me, "why not go darkness"? because i have been gearing for deception/madness lol XD.

So yeah, i switched to madness which ended up 10/0/31 (http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-...22122201122321)

My first warzone i came out 40/3 with third place in damage...something i had never reached before in deception...(id usually get about 25-30).

So i was just wondering, any other madness assassins out their? whats your thought on the spec? I like it, seems to be abit lacking in its burst and survivability though.

Also any thoughts on the current points i have placed in its spec? any tips?

no flaming please >_> not looking for a arguement here just feedback

*bump *
Squadron 419

Hazblade
01.23.2012 , 07:49 PM | #2
Play Darkness with Stalker gear.

Xerkics
01.23.2012 , 07:53 PM | #3
I not played madness a lot but i leveled to 50 as darkness which i found is good if you run with a team for wither aoe slow and pull on ball carrier in huttball but deception gives you more options. YOu can still use guard and dark charge with a shield as deception in stalker set. But the fact that deception also gives you the option to fight at same time even if you get less force regen without surging change on. So unless your planning on tanking pve id suggest sticking to deception, I think madness is more of pve spec

Hazblade
01.23.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerkics View Post
I not played madness a lot but i leveled to 50 as darkness which i found is good if you run with a team for wither aoe slow and pull on ball carrier in huttball but deception gives you more options. YOu can still use guard and dark charge with a shield as deception in stalker set. But the fact that deception also gives you the option to fight at same time even if you get less force regen without surging change on. So unless your planning on tanking pve id suggest sticking to deception, I think madness is more of pve spec
Darkness has comparable damage to Deception and is far tankier, on top of having more utility options.

DarthRaistlin
01.23.2012 , 08:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazblade View Post
Play Darkness with Stalker gear.
Bingo

Xerkics
01.23.2012 , 08:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazblade View Post
Darkness has comparable damage to Deception and is far tankier, on top of having more utility options.
I would disagree. The only thing you lose is wither force pull and knockdown out of stealth while you gain a lot more burst with deception. Lots of attacks seem to ignore your shield alltogether so im not sure how good dark ward is at all in pvp.

Darkness gives you more utility less options , would you like to point out in what regard is damage comparable? You are pretty much stuck using shock and thrash in darkness with aoe taunt and wither mostly. Best way to kill people in warzones as darkness is stand next to acid pool in stealth - pull ball carrier to poool knock them down then stun.

P:S as part of a team for huttball for example darkness is brilliant but you wont kill anyone while there are tonn of attacks that seem to ignore defence or shield alltogether