Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting PVP gear in this game UNFAIR and Stupid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Getting PVP gear in this game UNFAIR and Stupid

AdamChattaway
01.23.2012 , 05:54 PM | #1
Let me just say, iv eplayed nearly every mmo out there and the gear system in this game is just stupid and insane, i mean the guy who designed this system needs fireing. Ive opened 5 champion bags and got no gear, my guild mate has opened over 30 YES 30!!! and got none so he quit the game, he has every right to quit th egame, why should people grind the fu out of a game pvping all day for NOTHING and someone opens 1 bag and gets an epic. this system is stupid, flawed and a giant fail, shame on you bioware, shame on you mythic and shame on you EA, you failed hard this time. i see why many people went back to wow. honor grinding may have taken time but you fu got a guarenteed SET PIECE FFS.
Electronic Arts, Inc...Nowhere else in the galaxy will you find such a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

TheHoodedFang
01.23.2012 , 05:55 PM | #2
Yep, it is a very poor design and should have never gone live in it's present state.

Darth_Rathus
01.23.2012 , 05:56 PM | #3
pvp forum --->

Scan
01.23.2012 , 05:57 PM | #4
I've completed all content on hardmode.

Most on NM too.

I have opened over 100 bags not seen the mainhand wep once.

Do I feel the need to cry here?

No.
Soon. (tm)

CupieFoxtail
01.23.2012 , 05:59 PM | #5
Welcome to a loot system where PvP gear, like PvE gear, is gained with RNG
Enjoy your stay

Henkan
01.23.2012 , 05:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
played nearly every mmo out there
Sure.
[ Rowsie - Guardian | Vither - Scoundrel ]
[ Tomb of Freedon Nadd ]
twitch.tv/monsterflundran

Culveren
01.23.2012 , 06:00 PM | #7
Let me just say, iv eplayed nearly every mmo out there and the gear system in this game is just stupid and insane, i mean the guy who designed this system needs fireing. Ive opened 5 champion bags and got no gear, my guild mate has opened over 30 YES 30!!! and got none so he quit the game, he has every right to quit th egame, why should people grind the fu out of a game pvping all day for NOTHING and someone opens 1 bag and gets an epic. this system is stupid, flawed and a giant fail, shame on you bioware, shame on you mythic and shame on you EA, you failed hard this time. i see why many people went back to wow. honor grinding may have taken time but you fu got a guarenteed SET PIECE FFS.
If you are grinding just to have a piece of gear then you are playing the game wrong, well in fact you are not playing, you are working.

Gear should be like icing on the cake. If you feel that you are grinding at any point, especially for a sustained period just to see some gear, then you are playing the wrong game. Your friend was right to quite, because he was not having fun.

Excedrin
01.23.2012 , 06:02 PM | #8
Would you go as far as to say it's a

SLAP IN THE FACE???
Alone is the default state of an MMO player, whether if be for minutes (or) months, and the game should embrace that. But making a massively single player game isnít the answer.

-Damion Schubert

AdamChattaway
01.23.2012 , 06:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Culveren View Post
If you are grinding just to have a piece of gear then you are playing the game wrong, well in fact you are not playing, you are working.

Gear should be like icing on the cake. If you feel that you are grinding at any point, especially for a sustained period just to see some gear, then you are playing the wrong game. Your friend was right to quite, because he was not having fun.
Oh yea do you play imperial ? because the game favours and is so imbalanced towards the republic its a fail system, most imperials exploited ilum and now are all running around with fu purple sabers and full battlemaster gear, while the ganked, outnumbered 4 to 1, broken skills and higher mirrored cooldowns run around fighting their hardest for a few kills to get a fu daily done, it should be a game NOT A JOB but bioware is making it a job when the rpeublic have to play like a JOB just to fu keep up with their little princess favorites the Empire, even the animations on republic are broken, the empire have less cd and less animation for faster and msoother attacks.
Electronic Arts, Inc...Nowhere else in the galaxy will you find such a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Culveren
01.23.2012 , 06:14 PM | #10
Oh yea do you play imperial ? because the game favours and is so imbalanced towards the republic its a fail system, most imperials exploited ilum and now are all running around with fu purple sabers and full battlemaster gear, while the ganked, outnumbered 4 to 1, broken skills and higher mirrored cooldowns run around fighting their hardest for a few kills to get a fu daily done, it should be a game NOT A JOB but bioware is making it a job when the rpeublic have to play like a JOB just to fu keep up with their little princess favorites the Empire, even the animations on republic are broken, the empire have less cd and less animation for faster and msoother attacks.
Oh i agree that things need to be changed, i am just adamantly against people playing solely for gear. Even if gear dropped at a faster rate it would still feel like a grind to him, because it seems as though the act of playing was a grind to him.

But yeah i am all in favor of more gear.

Oh and i play republic. Vanguard.