Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Esseles Level Range?

OSUNightfall
12.14.2011 , 02:57 PM | #1
I have thus far been unable to find information on the intended level range of The Esseles. I know you can get there at 10, but that seems odd since the appropriate classes don't have tanking abilities, or in some cases even healing abilities at that time. Can anyone tell me the level range for this place?

Drusillus
12.14.2011 , 02:59 PM | #2
You dont need specific role abilities for that flash-point (ie: tank)

10-12 is common for a player level
Drusillus
Bloodguard | Mind Trick Server | PvE / EST
Recruiting is OPEN | Casual, Friendly, Adult Atmosphere

Animalfarm
12.14.2011 , 03:15 PM | #3
From beta I noticed that it's nice if someone tries to act as tank and someone steps up to heal, but the most important thing was to focus DPS on one target at a time so the damage output of the enemy groups dropped fastest.

That's all.

OSUNightfall
12.14.2011 , 03:26 PM | #4
Thanks, just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to need tanking abilities yet. Would be embarrassing to show up and cause everyone to wipe.

pjskull
12.14.2011 , 05:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Animalfarm View Post
From beta I noticed that it's nice if someone tries to act as tank and someone steps up to heal, but the most important thing was to focus DPS on one target at a time so the damage output of the enemy groups dropped fastest.

That's all.
^^This...

For Esseles and Black Talon coordinated DPS and paying attention to adds will get you through pretty easily. Healer makes it easy, my recommendation for both is 3 DPS, 1 healer, but 4 DPS is very, very do-able... (As of Beta, I am still not in Launch yet... )

csward
12.14.2011 , 06:22 PM | #6
Is their anyway to get your companions to dodge those avoidable damage spells from the last boss? I found my self healing (consualr) my brother (sentinal) and throwing an occasional heal to companions because they choose to stand in spells .

SPQRTempus
12.14.2011 , 07:12 PM | #7
I have run the Esseles several times in Early Access. Tips:

Off tank the strongest enemy while the weaker enemies are focus fired or aoe'd down if they are very weak.

Use the explosive canisters if possible - easy XP.

Most of the DPS companions can off tank quite well, except on bosses. I did find that in some cases the companions would bug and either not attack, or if you are in a group conversation or between different levels, unsummon themselves.

You do NOT need a dedicated healer, but if one of the DPS classes who has a heal spell is ready if the boss tank needs a heal then with a bit of coordination with the tanks consumables it is easily 2 manned.
The Thermal Detonator , the biggest distributor of Sith Body Parts in the Galaxy

Auru
12.14.2011 , 07:55 PM | #8
Done both of them multiple times over the last two days, you can be any role at all.. it doesn't matter one bit.. the waves of enemies die in moments, the bosses just need you to remain alert.. (run away from the little flamer droids on the mon calamari boss in BT for example)

Everyone is so used to this holy trinity of dungeons.. it's really not needed in this early content of tor, just roll on in there and mash your buttons :P

Dasyus
12.14.2011 , 08:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by pjskull View Post
^^This...

For Esseles and Black Talon coordinated DPS and paying attention to adds will get you through pretty easily. Healer makes it easy, my recommendation for both is 3 DPS, 1 healer, but 4 DPS is very, very do-able... (As of Beta, I am still not in Launch yet... )
4 'Tanks' could do it too! I put tanks in quotes because at level 12ish, 3 Guardians and whatever the trooper Tank class is are barely considered tanks at those levels.

To the OP: 9-12ish. At 13+, you should be off the station and following your chosen faction's next planet. I think on the Hard setting, it could even be stretched a little higher than 13, but I never really got to play Hard mode since most people were doing other Flashpoints by then.
Yes, I know I am lacking an avatar. It's on purpose.

SPQRTempus
12.14.2011 , 08:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasyus View Post
4 'Tanks' could do it too! I put tanks in quotes because at level 12ish, 3 Guardians and whatever the trooper Tank class is are barely considered tanks at those levels.
QFT

I did it at level 11 for the first time on my Vanguard, and I had no taunt, no defensive cooldowns, no threat multiplier, no significant advantage in total endurance over my DPS friend and very little passive damage avoidance/mitigation.

It is a good thing you do not need a tank because at that level Vanguards are not tanks yet!
The Thermal Detonator , the biggest distributor of Sith Body Parts in the Galaxy