Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Origin is garbage

Melted_Igloo
12.13.2011 , 01:16 PM | #1
I preordered the game TWICE and both times it never showed up anywhere that I actually ordered, it wasnt under "My Games".

I cancelled both preorderd, dont ever use origin ever. It's pretty sad Bioware is forced to deal with EA.

Rabbitse
12.13.2011 , 01:18 PM | #2
Check your e-mail u ordered it with. Every game i ordered with orgin has been the best experience.

Ahkronn
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #3
Pre-order won't give you access to nothing unless you redeem your key.

I got my key 1 second after my pre-order, both in email and in Origin client.

Melted_Igloo
12.13.2011 , 01:23 PM | #4
Its supposed to show up in "My Games" also yes I know they send you the pre order key in the email, I'm talking about the actual product key when the game comes out. How am I supposed to know what it is if the game doesnt even appear in origin?

BlueCel
12.14.2011 , 03:14 PM | #5
I'm in the same boat. I placed my preorder for a digital copy back on Oct 27th, but checked my Origin account last night, and under Orders and Billing, I have no pending, current, or past orders. At this point, Origin is telling me I have purchased nothing from them.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...andBilling.jpg

When I placed my order, I did receive a confirmation email, along with my Early Access code, which I have registered. I was charged the $5 preorder fee.

Last night I IM'd with a customer service rep (hi, Hamid!) who confirmed that I did have the game on order, despite what the Origin website is displaying. When I asked why it didn't show up on my account profile, he said it was still "processing." Seven weeks after I placed it.
I asked when I would receive my retail product code and he said "2-3 days," which concurs with Dev post saying that our retail keys will be sent out between the 16th-20th.

Other people are having a similar issue in this thread here. Apparently, an alternative way to check if Origin thinks you ordered the game is to install the Origin downloader and see if TOR is listed under My Games. Confirmed, it is listed there for me.(My TOR and Origin account emails are the same, so per above thread, that isn't my problem.)

I wasn't even worried about Early Access. I was just wondering if my order had gotten cancelled. Would I have to drive to Best Buy on the 20th and pick up a physical copy? Not a huge deal, but this experience with Origin is frustrating.
Saaaaave me Obi-wan!

Edit: Added link to Dev post and confirmation TOR is visible in my Origin downloader.