Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Unredeemed

JediOwner
12.14.2011 , 02:55 PM | #1
Here's why I think some folks (like me) didn't redeem their codes back in July and thus didn't get an early spot in line. The Origin receipt from last July doesn't actually state that Early Entry is based on the order in which people redeemed their codes. It is common sense that they would need you to register so they can contact you (can't go by purchase info), but I can see how I missed this step -- I just figured I could take care of it later, not realizing that I was blowing it.

This is what it says, and all the way down at the bottom of the receipt that I probably just glanced at and then clicked the archive button and forgot about:

Additional Product Information:

STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order - 1) Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code
2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)
3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted. (This is listed as “Digital Rights” in your receipt above.)
4) Complete Registration.
5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.

So it IS basically saying that you need to go and register and redeem your code, but it doesn't say that it's important that you do it right away. So if the you didn't know that that's what they were going to base Early Entry on (say, because they weren't following the forums), then you wouldn't know that you need to get it done pronto. The correct information is on the Pre-order FAQ, but you wouldn't know to go look there because you wouldn't know you'd screwed up.

Make of it what you will. Personally I don't think it's a big deal, and The Unredeemed (grin) may still get in during Early Entry. But I couldn't figure out how I'd blown it, so I looked into it and noticed that others had the same problem.

Way it goes. Somebody remind me not to do that again.

Faileet
12.14.2011 , 02:57 PM | #2
Okay. Don't do that again. Ever.

I did the same thing. So now I wait. In the meantime I've finished reading the TOR novels. Almost like being there. (Okay, not really, but it makes me feel better!) LOL

JediOwner
12.14.2011 , 02:59 PM | #3
(grin) Thanks.

Are those books any good?

Kuiper
12.14.2011 , 03:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediOwner View Post
Here's why I think some folks (like me) didn't redeem their codes back in July and thus didn't get an early spot in line. The Origin receipt from last July doesn't actually state that Early Entry is based on the order in which people redeemed their codes. It is common sense that they would need you to register so they can contact you (can't go by purchase info), but I can see how I missed this step -- I just figured I could take care of it later, not realizing that I was blowing it.

This is what it says, and all the way down at the bottom of the receipt that I probably just glanced at and then clicked the archive button and forgot about:

Additional Product Information:

STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order - 1) Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code
2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)
3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted. (This is listed as “Digital Rights” in your receipt above.)
4) Complete Registration.
5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.

So it IS basically saying that you need to go and register and redeem your code, but it doesn't say that it's important that you do it right away. So if the you didn't know that that's what they were going to base Early Entry on (say, because they weren't following the forums), then you wouldn't know that you need to get it done pronto. The correct information is on the Pre-order FAQ, but you wouldn't know to go look there because you wouldn't know you'd screwed up.

Make of it what you will. Personally I don't think it's a big deal, and The Unredeemed (grin) may still get in during Early Entry. But I couldn't figure out how I'd blown it, so I looked into it and noticed that others had the same problem.

Way it goes. Somebody remind me not to do that again.
They said it all over where I pre-ordered. They said first come first served.

JediOwner
12.14.2011 , 03:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuiper View Post
They said it all over where I pre-ordered. They said first come first served.
Yeah, they did, they also tell you in the bit I quoted above that they'll contact you about Early Entry. Somehow I just didn't make the connection that that "first come" was tied to code redemption (What, did I think they would contact me via telepathy? Who knows). Pretty dumb, really, given how many video games I've played over the years.