Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

LeandraNyx
01.23.2012 , 02:28 PM | #71
I've been leveling an Imperial Agent with my husband, who plays an Inquisitor. Having seen both class stories up to level 46, I would definitely say that the IA story is stronger by far. The Agent has a really good complex story. The Inquisitor story seems just... meh.

I've played a Consular up to 34 as well, so just through Act 1 -- which I enjoyed. Act 2 seems boring to me so far though which is why I haven't gotten that character any further.

Lightmaguz
01.23.2012 , 02:33 PM | #72
I thought Knight was pretty epic and felt like a Jedi story, it basically had a feeling of Anakin if he wasn't ****ed up.

OBLCDiomedes
01.23.2012 , 02:50 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightmaguz View Post
I thought Knight was pretty epic and felt like a Jedi story, it basically had a feeling of Anakin if he wasn't ****ed up.
Anakin is what happens when the Jedi refuse to acknowledge human nature. You end with someone who can't control his emotions and turns to the dark side to save a loved one. (Who wouldn't?) This is one of the main reasons I couldn't stand being a Knight or Consular.

The Jedi code is so annoying.

Tell Anakin love is okay. Had he felt comfortable telling Yoda about his dreams he could have explained the meaning to Anakin. Instead he internalized them. It isn't about despair and hate leading to the dark side. It's about being void of the tools to manage it properly and still keep your head.

Thus Darth Vader is born.
> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

hayeth
01.23.2012 , 02:55 PM | #74
So far I've a 50 SW and LOVED the story. It was flipping amazing. I'm working on an Agent and a Consular atm. Got to admit, first 2 chapters of Consular were depressingly dull, but chapter 3 has gotten pretty interesting. So I'll reserve final judgement for now.

Vlacke
01.23.2012 , 03:01 PM | #75
Jedi Knight's story is just great. Smuggler's also although that class itself needs some fixing.
Consular story so far is nothing special for me, though i am low level there, 20 maybe, but it's obvious that Inquisitors storyline is superior, Inquisitors have much better companions for me at least.
From the Empire side i can say that so far i think Inquisitor and Agent have amazing stories themselves, Warrior's story is so far sub - par when compared to Knight's.

SpeesMuhrines
01.23.2012 , 03:07 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by OBLCDiomedes View Post
Anakin is what happens when the Jedi refuse to acknowledge human nature. You end with someone who can't control his emotions and turns to the dark side to save a loved one. (Who wouldn't?) This is one of the main reasons I couldn't stand being a Knight or Consular.

The Jedi code is so annoying.

Tell Anakin love is okay. Had he felt comfortable telling Yoda about his dreams he could have explained the meaning to Anakin. Instead he internalized them. It isn't about despair and hate leading to the dark side. It's about being void of the tools to manage it properly and still keep your head.

Thus Darth Vader is born.
Thats the difference between Sith and Jedi, as I understand it. Jedi reject all emotions, including love... while Sith embrace all emotions. Sith don't have to embrace only rage and hate...

Ghaiana
01.23.2012 , 03:12 PM | #77
So far:

the jedi consular story is very nice, the bountyhunter story quite different from the consulars but also very entertaining. The jedi knight story is not all clear to me yet (but maybe because I chose to play an evil jedi knight).

Vlacke
01.23.2012 , 03:21 PM | #78
Knight's story is more Epic to me frankly when you go light with occasional ventures to the dark side here and there, i started out full dark but re rolled once i realized that somehow it doesn't seem right.

Putok
01.23.2012 , 03:22 PM | #79
I've seen both SW and SI completed, and liked them both. SW was probably a bit better.

With both, I'd complain that at the end they
Spoiler

Drudenfusz
01.23.2012 , 03:29 PM | #80
The first act of the Jedi Consular story is beyond boring (most repetitive), and the end of that chapter is quite stupid (why do no Jedi Master accompany you on that mission? Because if one would fail the whole order would be doomed, but they let you go all alone).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version