Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with the gear drops in operations?

Doncoderre
01.23.2012 , 12:38 AM | #1
First off i love the idea that gear is assigned to certian people i think its a good system but it is currently very buggy. (im sure you know this) but when healers are getting DPS gear and tanks are getting healing gear theres something very wrong. As the masterlooter i dont have the option to fix this. Either try to fix the issue for the wrong gear going to the wrong person or make it so the master Looter can hand the gear off to someone else if that person dosent want or need it.

Skuff

RinoaDH
01.23.2012 , 07:31 AM | #2
If its any conselation. Hard mode and nightare mode do not have this issue with loot, and your master looter will work perfectly fine.

apparat
01.23.2012 , 09:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Doncoderre View Post
First off i love the idea that gear is assigned to certian people i think its a good system but it is currently very buggy. (im sure you know this) but when healers are getting DPS gear and tanks are getting healing gear theres something very wrong. As the masterlooter i dont have the option to fix this. Either try to fix the issue for the wrong gear going to the wrong person or make it so the master Looter can hand the gear off to someone else if that person dosent want or need it.

Skuff
I guess you don't realize, but the name on the token is irrelevant. It's good for any of the set items for that class (ie. tank, dps or healing set). When you go to trade it in take a look, the "1" next to the other sets will also be green enabling you to trade it in. It's the same with PVP Gear tokens.

KaiHeilos
01.23.2012 , 09:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by apparat View Post
I guess you don't realize, but the name on the token is irrelevant. It's good for any of the set items for that class (ie. tank, dps or healing set). When you go to trade it in take a look, the "1" next to the other sets will also be green enabling you to trade it in. It's the same with PVP Gear tokens.
Not all drops from operations are tokens.

apparat
01.23.2012 , 09:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Not all drops from operations are tokens.
If it's not tiered gear, it shouldn't really matter too much as that's what you're after and that's what is auto-assigned.

Doncoderre
01.23.2012 , 10:49 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by apparat View Post
I guess you dont realize evey item that drops isnt a token. and it may be good gear for my class but when im a healer (sage) and im getting gear for a shadow or my Trooper tank is getting healing gear it get frustrating. When things like that happen that gear we get ends up sold to a vendor so its just a waste.

Olarid
01.23.2012 , 10:53 AM | #7
Wait until your Rakata geared folks have better geared companions than the rest of your newcomers because loot assigning is F#$#$#$#cking Stupid.

Canarith
01.23.2012 , 11:12 AM | #8
Talk about a whinefest. Many previous games you would have a boss drop loot that NOBODY in the raid makeup could use, depending on what classes you brought, just consider those items to be similar to this.

Johnholliday
01.23.2012 , 12:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Canarith View Post
Talk about a whinefest. Many previous games you would have a boss drop loot that NOBODY in the raid makeup could use, depending on what classes you brought, just consider those items to be similar to this.
So you're saying just deal with it? Great solution

Keling
01.23.2012 , 12:31 PM | #10
My question is how do people in HM's and NM's decide who gets the loot if 2 people tie for it depending on what kind of loot system you use since you can't /roll, do you duel to the death for it?