Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchased digital deluxe for early access, but doesnt say i redeemed? plz read

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Purchased digital deluxe for early access, but doesnt say i redeemed? plz read
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sinlessbrute
12.14.2011 , 12:43 PM | #1
purchased over a month ago the digital deluxe pre order, got the code, and registered immediately, when i go into "my account" security and contact info have check marks saying complete but reedeem a product code has no check saying i havent yet, but when i click on the right side to redeem a code it says i did early november? am i going to get screwed out of early access? ... lol.. thats the only reason i baught the deluxe edition.. please advise..

tried to re enter my code by clicking on link that has no check mark and it says code already in use

XXThrashteraXX
12.14.2011 , 12:44 PM | #2
Same boat same problem. If anyone knows of any threads that talk about this issue please post it in this thread.

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 12:45 PM | #3
The Product Code section in the check boxes are for the Full Retail code that you get when your box turns up or you get emailed sometime on/after the 16th.
Nothing to worry about

As long as you entered your pre-order code, and the colour stone is showing as an item on your account, just wait for your early access email.

Vicventure
12.14.2011 , 12:48 PM | #4
Sen't an email to customer services and still no reply, really feels like this has been the a historical fail from B/W. i think most people feel so let down. to make things worse my guild in wow have been assigned a server and already its nearly full so the likelyhood of actually gaming with my guild looks slim at the very least! I really do think you owe us some sort of explination B/W!

Conveeyor
12.14.2011 , 12:56 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Everybody who has registered the pre-order key on our website will take part in the Early Game Access. You should get your invite in one of the next days.

The items for the Digital Deluxe Edition will be available for you as soon as you register the product key with your account. Origin will send out the e-mails with the code starting on 16th December.

For setting up a subscription and registering your product key please have a look on this important post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=499

Thank you!

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Morrighane
12.14.2011 , 12:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
The Product Code section in the check boxes are for the Full Retail code that you get when your box turns up or you get emailed sometime on/after the 16th.
Nothing to worry about

As long as you entered your pre-order code, and the colour stone is showing as an item on your account, just wait for your early access email.
Grolsch, I have this same problem so thanks for your response. I want to confirm that you are representing BW and that this is an official answer. Sorry for the overkill on my part but the confusion created by this issue warrants it.

If it is, then with respect it might help if you guys clarify this on the accounts page, as the existing situation creates enormous confusion along with the wierd "no active account" error messages from the client itself. As it stands you'd have to be a mind-reader to know what BW means with all this.

Thank you.

Edit: After posting this I now see the reply from J3-H1 with the link clarifying this situation. TYVM J3 but I think you also need to get this info onto the accounts page so people won't have to come here and search for an answer, or at least sticky that link.

Thanks

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #7
Nope - I'm not anything to do with BW - just a friendly ol' driod waiting for my early access to start (but since I only registered last week, I may be here helping for a while).

But the Info I gave has been picked up from various other threads including those answered by BW reps... as is the yellow reply (BW) under mine saying roughly the same thing

Glad to be of help

Edit: And I am sure there is a big disclaimer at the top of the account page when you log in, saying Pre-Order people are to ignore the Code box...

vildinn
12.14.2011 , 01:09 PM | #8
honestly -i pre paid for 5 days early access-not 4 not 3 not 2 not 1-5 days-main reason for pre paying is so i can start at the same time as any 1 else so not to fall behind-total bs staggering the start like this and not putting that out there when most of us made our pre order -had i known this i would not of pre paid-no point to it-as for loosing faith -i never had any-ive played daoc, and warhammer-i've already had 1st hand experience of your so called talents

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 01:40 PM | #9
I don't know about anyone else, but I paid a deposit so that I have the game for release day, with the chance of up to 5 days early access and a stone that does something...

That money will be taken off my purchase of the full game, thus I have not paid anything for the above, and if nothing else will be playing at the start of release day... 20th Dec

Morrighane
12.14.2011 , 03:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
Nope - I'm not anything to do with BW - just a friendly ol' driod waiting for my early access to start (but since I only registered last week, I may be here helping for a while).

But the Info I gave has been picked up from various other threads including those answered by BW reps... as is the yellow reply (BW) under mine saying roughly the same thing

Glad to be of help

Edit: And I am sure there is a big disclaimer at the top of the account page when you log in, saying Pre-Order people are to ignore the Code box...
Thanks for your response Grolsch
This is what it says:

"If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!"

So it doesn't make clear exactly when you'll be getting that Code or whether it's the same as the code you already have. This has clearly led to some confusion and they really do need to spell it out on the page itself.