Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

JackNimbyl
01.23.2012 , 02:13 AM | #1
Don't know if this has been asked but...Discuss from a story/canon perspective, so leave in game mechanics out of it. Both have put down Sith Lords and Jedi Masters alike. Who would win in a fight? We have the Emperor's Wrath, most likely a champion of lightsaber combat and superior in physical ability. Not to mention sporting more advanced armor. Or Darth Nox, more knowledgeable and stronger in the force.

Well that's my opinion when it comes to canon.

Rhyltran
01.23.2012 , 02:25 AM | #2
Depends. I've had a similar debate with a buddy of mine. We settled with two possibilities.

They are equal.

Wrath is more powerful.

As for the second conclusion it goes like this.. Nox just gained a seat on the council by defeating a member of the council that the others felt barely deserved the position in the first place. Nox also did it with the help of various spirits rather than his/her own power. In a sense you can still argue it Is Nox's power but.. not the point of this thread.

The wrath on the other hand is second only to the emperor himself. He/She was chosen specifically by the Emperor himself in order to serve. Even the council has acknowledged him/her as the wrath and outright states he/she may do whatever he/she wants as long as it doesn't contradict their own goals. Despite this the council seem nervous and even state they won't get in Wrath's way.

Girdeux
01.23.2012 , 03:32 AM | #3
The WHOLE dark council was said to be scared to death of Lord Scourge when he was the Wrath, that not even combined they would even try a power play against him. Just shows what sort of intimidation/power someone of that title can do. The emperors servants wouldnt choose someone weaker then their previous wrath.

Id definetly say the Wrath would be stronger then nox

Thorlas
01.23.2012 , 03:54 AM | #4
Not to say that Nox is a chump or something but the Entire Dark Council bows down to the Wrath for a reason.
| Pureblood | Sith Warrior | Marauder | Annihilation |
| Pureblood | Sith Warrior | Juggernaut | Immortal |

Fraevar
01.23.2012 , 04:46 AM | #5
Darth Nox, because she can't die. Thanaton tried his hardest on Dromund Kaas. A Darth Nox who still has the ghosts after the endgame can't be killed. This is defined by the story itself. And given that the only person who could teach the rituals of Ergast is Ergast himself (who's trapped in Nox) and with the rituals of Tulak Hord being in Khem-Zash, it's doubtful the Wrath would have any idea about how to get rid of said ghosts.

Plus, unlike Lord Drahg, I don't see Darth Nox boasting about her power, she'd simply get up again or reappear later as was the case at the beginning of Act 2 of the Inquisitor storyline. So it is questionable who would even know about what's going on with her.

The new Wrath's main abilities are their martial skills and aptitude for manipulating the passions of others (like with Jaesa), though it is hard to put this into any practical framework for comparison since Darth Nox also has plenty of opportunities to be manipulative. Player agency is a factor here, I'd say.

That being said, I find the whole concept of this fight interesting, though unnecessary. In terms of the story we know the new Emperor's Wrath is in fact not made aware of the Emperor's true plans...will be interesting to see what BioWare does with the story there. If the Wrath knew the Emperor's plan, they should also know that Nox would be one of the few Sith with enough knowledge of the ancient rituals, and the power to help do something about it.

DarkestDaemon
01.23.2012 , 04:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraevar View Post
Darth Nox, because she can't die. Remember? Thanaton tried his hardest on Dromund Kaas. A Darth Nox who still has the ghosts after the endgame can't be killed. This is defined by the story. And given that the only person who could teach the rituals of Ergast is Ergast himself (who's trapped in Nox) and with the rituals of Tulak Hord being in Khem-Zash, it's doubtful the Wrath would have any idea about how to get rid of said ghosts.

That being said, I find the whole concept of this fight interesting, though unnecessary. In terms of the story we know the new Emperor's Wrath is in fact not made aware of the Emperor's true plans...will be interesting to see what BioWare does with the story there. If the Wrath knew the Emperor's plan, they should also know that Nox would be one of the few Sith with enough knowledge of the ancient rituals, and the power to help do something about it.
This has given me a rather hilarious image...

The Wrath repeatedly stabbing and hacking Nox who keeps trying to explain the Emperor's plans and why they're the only one who can stop him. While the Wrath just keeps shouting 'WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!'

Fraevar
01.23.2012 , 05:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
This has given me a rather hilarious image...

The Wrath repeatedly stabbing and hacking Nox who keeps trying to explain the Emperor's plans and why they're the only one who can stop him. While the Wrath just keeps shouting 'WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!'
"So what'll it be, we're to be two immortals locked in combat until judgment day?"

Gelious
01.23.2012 , 05:45 AM | #8
Who the hell is Darth Nox?
"No, they will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa, SWTOR
Gelious, Sith Marauder 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;
Xatras, Jedi Guardian 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;

Rhyltran
01.23.2012 , 05:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Who the hell is Darth Nox?
Spoiler

Paulsutherland
01.23.2012 , 06:39 AM | #10
My moneys on Darth Imperius