Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Question About Origin and My Order (not a pre-order qq thread, an actual question)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
A Question About Origin and My Order (not a pre-order qq thread, an actual question)

SceneStomper
12.14.2011 , 02:08 PM | #1
So, I pre-ordered the game the other day through origin. I bought the digital standard edition. They sent me my email confirming that I bought it, and a code. For some stupid reason I thought this was the code for the game and not just the early access. I went to go add it to my account (which is the account I logged into to buy the game) but when I tried to log into the TOR website it kept telling me that I had to put in some security question which I forgot because I made the account almost a year ago. So I decided it would be easier to make a new account then go through the trouble of calling up customer service (also get my pre-order code in faster). My question is though, now that I thought about it, are they going to email the access code for the actual game or is it tied to the account I bought it on? If so then I'm screwed, because I put my preorder code on the account that isn't going to be able to play the game on release day, and I still have to go through the trouble of calling the very busy customer support to reset the security questions. Thanks for any help!

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 02:09 PM | #2
Good question, and my gut feeling for the answer is that the EGA is tied to the Pre-Release code, no matter what account it is attached to. (could be wrong)

SceneStomper
12.14.2011 , 02:29 PM | #3
Well, I know I'm going to get early game access. My account says I have the code for it registered. What I'm worried about is that the game itself is tied to my other account, and that they won't email my the code for it to register to the new account because of this.

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 02:31 PM | #4
As long as you still have access to the email address that you ordered on, they will be sending retail codes from the 16th

SceneStomper
12.14.2011 , 02:33 PM | #5
Yeah, I do. Thanks a ton man you stopped all my worrying.

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 02:35 PM | #6
No Worries Chap (I just hope my answers there were correct)

Jommie
12.14.2011 , 02:42 PM | #7
I don't see how the game code that you still haven't got can be connected to any account.
If the web-page you ordered the game from asked for your SWTOR account details, i'd stear clear of it long before I bought anything as it would be a phising attempt.

Expect to get an e-mail with the game code.

PS: Ofc, I have been wrong in the past, so I could be wrong even here.