Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Don't hold any hopes on bioware fixing Republic disadvantages

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Don't hold any hopes on bioware fixing Republic disadvantages

onethreeone's Avatar


onethreeone
01.22.2012 , 02:53 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
I think this is a server issue, because on my server the rep side is alive and kicking and on illum have been steamrolling. I'm speaking of population imbalance of course.
What server are you on? Not saying I don't believe it, but it seems highly unlikely.

YourFutureEx's Avatar


YourFutureEx
01.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by onethreeone View Post
What server are you on? Not saying I don't believe it, but it seems highly unlikely.
How would you know?

And why would someone lie on here? We have no reason to lie to strangers right?

Exilim's Avatar


Exilim
01.22.2012 , 03:27 PM | #43
The worst one is Death from Above vs Mortar. Damn Mortar gives 1.5 seconds to interrupt before any damage fires off. Death from above fires 2-3 times in that same amount of time. Balls to that, it's completely unnecessary for animations to have that kind of effect.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

YourFutureEx's Avatar


YourFutureEx
01.22.2012 , 03:30 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Redsuns_ View Post
In my whole experience of playing mmorpgs, i have almost never seen devs actually fixing any faction unfairness. Most are set in stone in design. They don't care a damm if A skill is faster than B or A zone is easier than B zone. All these are on the LOWEST priority. Even bioware has said Project issue is on low priority which they will look into IN THE FUTURE.

Judging by the huge amt of bugs and improvements that need to be done in swtor, its going to be a long long wait.

All republic players should just quit and stop being the step child of bioware and playthings for the empire.
"Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But if you never win and never quit, then you're an idiot."

Really, there are less than 1000 people that design these games right? If a MILLION people are plaing SWTOR right now, what are the chances that you have enough "experience of playing mmorpgs" than the people trying to fix them.

You are just tired of getting your butt kicked, admit it. Jawa up.

Izriul's Avatar


Izriul
01.22.2012 , 05:47 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DariuszPol View Post
While you wait for 0.4s I have time to send you heat seeking missiles on your *** so I just used 2 abilities that cause you 2x 2000 dmg while you just hit me with one that cause 2000 dmg... see the difference ??
How? There's a GCD.

I rolled rep, soon as I got on the server I saw little kiddies saying things with LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at the end of everything, the word noob being spammed and basic kiddicrap within 2 minutes of being in the game for the first time. Not one person, but the chat was flooded with it.

I thought sod this, if this factions going to be full with little brats like this, I expect all they will do is whine all day.

I rerolled emp and man, what a difference. Polite people directing others where to go, helpful people and a decent chat.

My first warzone, I see rep kiddies spitting on others all over. Not seen it once from Emp.

Come to the forums, what do I see? Rep whining over silly little things. I guarantee there's stuff on emp where their in the same boat, but they decide to get on with the game rather than throw their toys out the pram and cry.

If there wasn't such a thing as GCDs, server delay, client delay and what not, then there might be an issue. If you wasn't so biased and thought everything revolved around you and how it's "only" your side that has certain issues, then there might be an issue. But thankfully, both aren't the case so there isn't. Period. Nuff said.

onethreeone's Avatar


onethreeone
01.22.2012 , 06:05 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by YourFutureEx View Post
How would you know?

And why would someone lie on here? We have no reason to lie to strangers right?
Never accused him of lying, I just want to see it firsthand. I haven't heard of any servers with a greater Republic pop.

Frostbird's Avatar


Frostbird
01.22.2012 , 07:08 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by YourFutureEx View Post
Here's a fix for people like you:

Logout of the game

Delete your toons, all of them

Uninstall the game

Go play WoW (because factions are exactly equal over there.)

You're welcome.
Your posts are like flashbangs packed with concencrated dumb.

So...your solution to the assumed 'mirrors' being imbalanced is to just have anyone who doesn't like it quit? Rather than, say, the devs actually balancing their damn game?

Man...this community. I just don't know anymore.
In fact, your life does flash in front of your eyes before death.
The process is known as "living".

Frostbird's Avatar


Frostbird
01.22.2012 , 07:15 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by PibbyPib View Post
The OP is claiming systemic neglect is apparent in the Republic faction's design.

If you think a one second animation on one skill isn't a laughably pathetic example, then you're as stupid as he is.
You are totally missing the point.

These classes are supposed to be mirrors. But they aren't. The differences may be minor, but they *are* there, and even a 5% dps difference is going to make the min/maxers switch over.

I play Imp. I would like this game to be balanced.

Why is everyone so against balance? Why is everyone so obnoxious about it ("Lol you suck your side deserves to be broken?").
In fact, your life does flash in front of your eyes before death.
The process is known as "living".

Chaede's Avatar


Chaede
01.22.2012 , 07:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by PibbyPib View Post
OMG that really is devastatingly game-destroying! What a massive, unbalancing inequality!!! A whole second! One one whole skill?! Used by an entire class?! The hell you say!

Guessing you play empire. And yes 1 sec can make a huge difference. 1 extra second to catch up to get in range of the huttball carrier before he gets over the line. An extra second to get away.

The number of times 1 second makes a huge difference is phenominal in a game where gcd is 1.5 seconds. Enemy hits stealth before your project animation finishes... too bad they get away, not a problem for people using shock.

Think before you type. 1 second in pvp matters. Imagine if Empire had 1 second delays on say their heal spells working... it makes a big difference.

Sqyre's Avatar


Sqyre
01.22.2012 , 09:39 PM | #50
sorry 1 sec yes .4 nope doesn't matter GCD is 1.5 I believe and I think grav round is much better than tracer missle. when you are using traver missle you make your self much more of a target than when you are using grav round.