Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datacrons, "needed" or not?

JonnySiniwali
01.21.2012 , 02:40 PM | #11
Why does every act like you have to do this all in one day? It isn't that much of a chore.

Pick a planet and get those datacrons.

Next day get a few more.

Next day a few more.

Keep doing this until you have them all.

Boom, +40 to your stats and it was not all that painful. Some of them suck, its true. But most of them are not that hard after you understand how movement works.

Reeny
01.21.2012 , 06:35 PM | #12
If u get 3 matrix of the same color, the resulting datacron relic is really nice.

For a sniper, it is +72 cunning, endurance and another nice stat.

HornedToad
01.21.2012 , 06:54 PM | #13
Meh, they aren't a big deal. Get the matrix relic and most of the primary/secondary and then get the rest of primary/secondary/endurance as needed. The +10 all stats is worth it.

When you have 1600+ in your primary stat an extra +10-15 in your stats isn't noticable. Same with goingfrom 16000 hp to 16200..

People can get as needed but I certainly wouldn't make it a requirement to start raiding IMO.

joetacticSW
01.21.2012 , 08:18 PM | #14
When I am checking people out, I look to see if they have their cube on. If they don't well, its an easy thing that they're missing out on. I'm a trooper, i've got my cube but havent got 100% of the Aim datacrons yet
Battlemaster - 50 Combat Medic
The Warthirsting Legacy
Grand Master Zym Server

Satans_Chosen
01.21.2012 , 10:08 PM | #15
I mistook the thread to be a discussion on whether datacrons should be in the game or not, but since I am here... I think if you don't know whether datacrons are needed to gain that extra bit of edge in PvP, you probably don't need them. The discrepency in stat, from gear or datacron or anything else, can always be overcome by a sufficient gap in skill as long as the cap hasn't been reached. Some groups may be doing something else because that is yielding greater benefit than datacrons, such as farming or making the best gear or developing new skills. Sooner or later though, the most competitive teams will get the datacrons and every other advantage in the game because the difference between competitors will be razor thin. If not, it won't be a very exciting fight and what does it matter?
Precise, Complete, Succinct

Xrayll
01.21.2012 , 10:41 PM | #16
Was out on a world boss raid in guild today. After we downed it we went on a holocron hunt in that area. It was quite amusing with ppl sometimes missing jumps or getting stuck. In group it is quite enjoyable and has somewhat of an adventurous feel to it. It also created some memorable moments and certainly a bunch of laughs.

Needed? Ofcourse not but it is an extra.

Arraya
01.22.2012 , 12:55 AM | #17
I tried to get some of em, but I figured out that they were designed by some idiot who had to be full of ganja coz im not console jumping idiot,coz get some of datacron is only for jumping morons so i gave it up till they will be more reachable.

arnoldlol
01.22.2012 , 03:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Arraya View Post
I tried to get some of em, but I figured out that they were designed by some idiot who had to be full of ganja coz im not console jumping idiot,coz get some of datacron is only for jumping morons so i gave it up till they will be more reachable.
what? you smokin drugs?
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Fumanchu_Fow
01.22.2012 , 03:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arraya View Post
Translation: I can't manage to make simple jumps or speak proper english.