Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Solved] Ordered through Origin but downloaded through this site.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[Solved] Ordered through Origin but downloaded through this site.

TheOats
12.14.2011 , 02:20 PM | #1
So I ordered the game through Origin. But I downloaded the game client straight from this site.
Was that a mistake? Will my "activation code" (or whatever it's called) not work with that version of the game?

Revenar
12.14.2011 , 02:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOats View Post
So I ordered the game through Origin. But I downloaded the game client straight from this site.
Was that a mistake? Will my "activation code" (or whatever it's called) not work with that version of the game?
You're fine. Basically, you just need to input the actual product code Origin sends you on the SWTOR website to convert to an active account once public launch hits. They will apparently start sending them out on the 16th.

TheOats
12.14.2011 , 02:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenar View Post
You're fine. Basically, you just need to input the actual product code Origin sends you on the SWTOR website to convert to an active account once public launch hits. They will apparently start sending them out on the 16th.
I have already "redeemed" a code that came in an email. I see now that that code is the same as the product code from the details page for the game on origin.
Only diference is that the code on Origin does not have any "-" in it

Should I not have done that?

J-O_S-H
12.14.2011 , 02:37 PM | #4
The code you have redeemed is your Pre-Order code. You will recieve your actual product key after 16th.

The versions of the game will be exactly the same. Origin just supply the retail key, you don't have to use the program at all from them.

TheOats
12.14.2011 , 02:44 PM | #5
Ah okay. Thank you guys for the answers