Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Password Length (16 chars max)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Password Length (16 chars max)

illian-se
12.14.2011 , 02:12 PM | #1
Alright, this is an issue I had myself and I just figured out what the problem is. I felt like it was worth sharing in case someone else is having the issue (and maybe alert someone so they can actually fix the issue). (If this is commonly known and I'm just an idiot, ignore me )

As the title says, the max password length to be able to login here (swtor.com) or EA online (ea.com) is 16 chars. The problem is that when you change the password on this site it does not tell you if you use more (ea.com does). I have been unable to login since doing the forced password reset myself.

The game client works fine with any password length, but the site does not.

Hope it helps someone

Winter-Storm
03.19.2014 , 09:04 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by illian-se View Post
Alright, this is an issue I had myself and I just figured out what the problem is. I felt like it was worth sharing in case someone else is having the issue (and maybe alert someone so they can actually fix the issue). (If this is commonly known and I'm just an idiot, ignore me )

As the title says, the max password length to be able to login here (swtor.com) or EA online (ea.com) is 16 chars. The problem is that when you change the password on this site it does not tell you if you use more (ea.com does). I have been unable to login since doing the forced password reset myself.

The game client works fine with any password length, but the site does not.

Hope it helps someone
Thanks very much for the help. I knew it was a password length or symbol problem, other MMOs have the same problem. What I do is count 16 chars from my password and put that in the password field and it works just as good. Having two passwords for forums and game is not that bad. Just a pain not knowing if its the length or symbol restriction problem...