Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

snooggums
01.21.2012 , 01:31 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by TJixlee View Post
if we didnt have him we wouldnt have the wonderful universe of STAR WARS
If we didn't have the OTHER people who worked on the original trilogy we wouldn't have the original trilogy, we would have something closer to the prequel trilogy quality and no one would have cared past the first movie.

He gets partial credit for starting the series, the others (like the actual directors and writers for the original trilogy) get credit for making the concept palatable.

Han shot first because he didn't want to be caught, not because he didn't want to be shot. Han shooting first is a point of contention for those that care about story and character because it is a very distinct difference between a character who is a self centered egomaniac becoming a nice egomaniac who can care about others and rewriting him to start off as a 'nice guy'. It severely changed the difference between his starting personality and the personality he had by the end of the first movie.

Forgon
01.21.2012 , 01:36 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Gestahlt View Post
I can see where he's coming from.

Why would he want to make more movies when people devote their lives to saying they hate him?
This.

As also a person who is interested in having a creative influence on future media, I sympathize. Like he says, it is his, he knows what he wants and can do with it and so let him do it as he sees it. Its his world, his universe, and everyone else was just lucky to partake and share in it and (in some cases) be given the chance to cultivate and add on to it.

I think I understand how he feels on this but I don't know how many will understand his sentiment.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Elear
01.21.2012 , 01:55 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by snooggums View Post
Han shot first because he didn't want to be caught, not because he didn't want to be shot. Han shooting first is a point of contention for those that care about story and character because it is a very distinct difference between a character who is a self centered egomaniac becoming a nice egomaniac who can care about others and rewriting him to start off as a 'nice guy'. It severely changed the difference between his starting personality and the personality he had by the end of the first movie.
Note to self: I can be a total a-hole, but as long I don't shoot first at guy that just said he's going to kill me, I'm nice. Yet if I were to kill guy before he tries to kill me, that would negate everything else I've done and make me 'self centered'

You can learn something new every day!

Riggnas
01.22.2012 , 05:28 AM | #134
What I don't get is this.

You make 3 things. People like it even though it has it's flaws.

Then you make another one after a while which recieves critisism for certain things. You know you are making 2 more. Why not take this things to heart and change them in the 2 upcoming ones, instead of making the same mistakes as before........