Can we have workbench on out ships?

MuNieK

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real question is, why are there workbenches anywhere?

There are pretty much two options:

a) No time (aka "laziness"). After changing the way modifying stuff works, they didn't feel like spending time on removing the now useless workstations and the quest that comes with it (and do all the testing to make sure nothing was missed)

b) They already consider changing their mind and reworking stuff to make them useful again. In that case it would be a waste of time to remove them and later put them back in.

Besides, BioWare wants to discourage players from spending all of their time on their ships and not at social centers. That's why we don't have things like a mailbox or a GTN on-board.

but my ship has a sweet stereo system and a big comfy sofa, I spent like 4000 credits on them :jawa_frown:

but my ship has a sweet stereo system and a big comfy sofa, I spent like 4000 credits on them :jawa_frown:

And 2V-R8 cooks and cleans for parties. :w_big_grin:

In all seriousness, perhaps workbenches will be used for legacy-related equipment? I mean that's just a guess; however, I would think there would be a lot of complaints about not being able to mod gear anywhere if we were made to use workbenches. At this point, I'd think that's a bit inefficient to keep having to find a workbench, no?

CTRL-right-clicking an item in your inventory has the same functionality as a workbench, anywhere you may be!

So, if the workbenches are completely unneeded....WHY did we have one added to the supplies area of the fleet in a patch?

CTRL-right-clicking an item in your inventory has the same functionality as a workbench, anywhere you may be!

If I may the mods UI needs some luvin'.

At this moment, it's far from convenient to compare mods from our inventory, from our active or not alt(s), and mods from our character between them all.

Also moving mods between all the above is a click fest task.

Suggestions:

• Add tooltip comparison to the mods
  • Allow players to open more than one mod window at once
  • Allow players to open companions gear windows even if no grouped with
  • Allow players to directly transfer mods between gear
  • Add a check box: automatically transfer mod(s) to inventory when replaced

BTW crafting should be limited to specific places like workbenches and emailing / browsing the GTN should be done remotely. It makes no sense, in SW, to have one and not the other.

Edited by Deewe

So, if the workbenches are completely unneeded....WHY did we have one added to the supplies area of the fleet in a patch?

I would like to see them do something like this, ctrl right click will open the menu for mods in gear but cost you credits to remove or add mods and they should have work benches do the same thing EXCEPT there is no charge for removing or adding mods.

That way people can adjust gear on the fly but also a purpose for the benches in game.

Because it's easier to add a workbench to the fleet than to tell people that it's obsolete, considering most players don't:

1) read forums

2) read patch notes

3) pay attention

The workbench can be argued it was left on the starter planets for introductory quest reasons (basically to draw the players awareness that such a mechanic exists). If a tutorial tip just said "Here's your first new orange weapon. Grats, etc, just ctrl+click to mod, yo" 90% of people would close the tooltip without reading it (or have them disabled to begin with) and then cause a riot in general chat/forums that they don't know how to mod weapons, even though it's on the item's tooltip.

Suggestions:

• Add tooltip comparison to the mods
  • Allow players to open more than one mod window at once
  • Allow players to open companions gear windows even if no grouped with
  • Allow players to directly transfer mods between gear
  • Add a check box: automatically transfer mod(s) to inventory when replaced

Sounds good, I fully support this. I find comparing and switching mods to be incredibly awkward the way it's currently set up. Along with the 'close all windows, stop everything, a companion has returned!' functionality, I hope this is seriously overhauled when they update the UI.

Edited by daemian

They weren't added. They were there.

The ability to remove mods from anywhere was added. The workbenches were just never taken out.

The patchnotes disagree.

"An Item Modification Table has been added to the Supplies areas of the Republic and Imperial Fleets."

Added in 1.1

The patchnotes disagree.

"An Item Modification Table has been added to the Supplies areas of the Republic and Imperial Fleets."

Added in 1.1

Roleplayers who feel this was essential to their characters and refused to mod without one. If they add them on RP servers, they have to add them to all servers.

Yes, but using the bench makes managing multiple items much less of a headache.

This, exactly.

It is such a headache to shuffle mods around, especially when one is covered in Oranges. They either need to streamline the modding UI or add more crafting benches. Preferably altering the UI... I would like to keep my character sheet up to see exactly what effect my mods are having on my stats, especially with a major mod overhaul across my armour set.