Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Desktop Hardware Q&A

bazolas
01.21.2012 , 11:32 AM | #581
OK THIS IS CRAP. i PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO GET A SUPER COMPUTER, I PAY MONEY EVERY MONTH TO MY INTERNET PROVIDER AND I PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO BUY STAR WARS. WHY SHOULD I ENDURE ALL THIS? YOUTUBE VIDEOS, TIPS, LOW GRAPHICS ETC. WHY? WHY DONT U PEOPLE JUST GET ANGRY AND DEMAND A SOLUTION BY THE DEVELOPERS AND INSTEAD YOU TRY TO FIX THIS BY LOWERING YOUR GRAPHICS AND EXPECTATIONS? EITHER THEY FIX THIS EITHER YOUTUBE WILL BE SPAMED WITH FRASTRATING COMMENTS SO THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE!

xXcronicXx
01.21.2012 , 11:37 AM | #582
Quote: Originally Posted by ICEASSIN View Post
Hello all,

First off, thank you Veilshatter for using your expertise to help everyone.

I'm hoping you can help me.

I have a Dell XPS M1730
Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 CPU
4GB of RAM
Dual Nvidia 8700M GT (256MB each)
128MB Ageia Physx PPU
Running Windows 7 64bit

I believe I meet the minimum system requirements and I have played the game at 30+ FPS on more than one Occasion. I played during testing and it was playable one day and not the next (fps dropped to 10fps or less). I of course have settings set at their lowest. I don't expect to play the game on high or even medium. This same thing happened during Beta testing. I went on vacation for a month. Got back January and played January 6th and 7th with no issues. I made no changes to my system but when I woke up to play on the 8th it was not playable. I have since tried everything I can think of to fix it and I have been unsuccessful.

I would appreciate any help you or anyone can offer.

Thanks so much and sorry for the rambling post.

something had to change. maybe your PSU is going out or you are overheating. did you download anything ? Did you make any changes in your SWTOR settings folder?
running anything in the background?

try having fraps up or windows media up it works for some people

Trorgoon
01.21.2012 , 12:30 PM | #583
Hmmm i got a feeling that my cpu is obsolete.

CPU: Intel Pentium4 3.4 ghz
RAM: 8gb ddr2
Graphiccard: Gainward GTS 250 1gb
Mainboard: Abit Fatality FP-IN9 SLi

If i turn the graphics down to low and shadows off, it runs just fine at were u start with your new character, but at higher lvl places it starts to lagg alot. Especially at imperial fleet (but hey i bet its rly crowded to).

My mainboard can handle Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Duo, but is it worth spending money for a CPU for socket 775 and will the game run better with the other stuff i alrdy have in my comp?

MackumDog
01.21.2012 , 12:35 PM | #584
I have a PC and a Laptop.

The Laptop has an i5 and the PC quad core.

What I have noticed is the load times, and I think the problems are simple.

1. My PC has 8GB of Memory where as the laptop has 2GB and of course the laptop runs 32bit software where as the PC 64.
2. I have Raptors in the PC and the lappy just has crap old slow disk

I think if you improve IO and memory performance the game will work well
I can't brain today...I have the dumb

RaveApex
01.22.2012 , 01:53 PM | #585
ok so i dont know a ton about computer hardware
i know im running an intel core i3 550 and an ATI radeon 5450 all in a cheap prebuilt machine from over a year ago
when i inquired about upgrading in my own thread here i was told to upgrade to a intel core i5 650 and a Geforce Gtx550

now i understand the GPU upgrade, however i did some looking into comparing the i3 550 and the i5 650 and they look nearly identical
is it worth the $200 to upgrade the PCU or should i put that into a better GPU and maybe come ram, and a new razer keyboard?

Now i am ONLY looking to play SWTOR on MAX settings in every possible way. i doubt i will be playing other games on here, and if i do want to in the future ill upgrade again or buy a whole new rig
any suggesting on getting the most out of this game?
╣ऄ╬╬╬╬╬╬ऄ[)ऄ╣██████████████████)

RaveApex
01.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #586
Any tips before I buy parts in the next hour or so?
╣ऄ╬╬╬╬╬╬ऄ[)ऄ╣██████████████████)

Neltharaku
01.23.2012 , 04:52 AM | #587
Hello.

my PC is:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz

2 GB RAM DDR2

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB memory

Playing SWTOR atm at minimum graphic settings, but i have problems with the fps when im doing Warzones(not only there) for example (in crowded places with many ppl)

I dont understand much of hardware so im asking you guys which of those pc parts are with the priority to upgrade first so i can play the game a little bit smoothly in crowded places
Death is Inevitable.

Blitzinger
01.23.2012 , 04:57 AM | #588
Quote: Originally Posted by bazolas View Post
OK THIS IS CRAP. i PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO GET A SUPER COMPUTER, I PAY MONEY EVERY MONTH TO MY INTERNET PROVIDER AND I PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO BUY STAR WARS. WHY SHOULD I ENDURE ALL THIS? YOUTUBE VIDEOS, TIPS, LOW GRAPHICS ETC. WHY? WHY DONT U PEOPLE JUST GET ANGRY AND DEMAND A SOLUTION BY THE DEVELOPERS AND INSTEAD YOU TRY TO FIX THIS BY LOWERING YOUR GRAPHICS AND EXPECTATIONS? EITHER THEY FIX THIS EITHER YOUTUBE WILL BE SPAMED WITH FRASTRATING COMMENTS SO THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE!
Or you can figure out what your problem is. They can't cater to each computer owned by the 1 million+ people playing the game. They released general specs. If you meet those specs or exceed those specs, you can play.

I have an AMD FX-4100 Quad Core @ 3.6Ghz
8GB Ram
AMD Radeon 6670 HD 1GB

And I run all settings on high with no lag in framerate whatsoever. No problems here.

Blitzinger
01.23.2012 , 04:58 AM | #589
Quote: Originally Posted by Neltharaku View Post
Hello.

my PC is:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz

2.00 GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB memory

Playing SWTOR atm at minimum graphic settings, but i have problems with the fps when im doing Warzones(not only there) for example (in crowded places with many ppl)

I dont understand much of hardware so im asking you guys which of those pc parts are with the priority to upgrade first so i can play the game a little bit smoothly in crowded places
Start with Ram, its cheap. Get to about 4GB. Then work on the graphics card. I'd recommend AMD 6670. Then work on processor. You should be able to scrounge up this kinda money in 6 months as it shouldn't be more than 300.

aerovihn
01.23.2012 , 05:01 AM | #590
Quote: Originally Posted by RaveApex View Post
Any tips before I buy parts in the next hour or so?
if you want nvidia vga card make sure you get one of those with "Ti" version.
... It`s a shame, bEAware`s in the game only for the money and the fame