Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible to change appearance ingame?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Possible to change appearance ingame?

UncelSam
12.13.2011 , 09:06 AM | #1
Is it possible to change appearance ingame, such as adding scars, new hairstyle etc?

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 09:08 AM | #2
As of now, only during character creation.

RickRedOne
12.13.2011 , 09:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Is it possible to change appearance ingame, such as adding scars, new hairstyle etc?
There was not an option in the Beta to do this. So I don't expect one at this time.
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

NightHawke
12.13.2011 , 09:09 AM | #4
Not yet.

I cant imagine it NOT going in at some point. Wear a helmet until then.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.13.2011 , 09:10 AM | #5
Subtle scars and the like apparently occur the more dark side points you have. I can't 100% confirm this, however.

Additionally, I could foresee a hairstyle alteration system after creation being implemented down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

In otherwords, be patient, take your time on your character and make sure he/she is ready to step food in TOR!
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

NightHawke
12.13.2011 , 09:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by IIII-IIII-IIII View Post
Subtle scars and the like apparently occur the more dark side points you have. I can't 100% confirm this, however.

Additionally, I could foresee a hairstyle alteration system after creation being implemented down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

In otherwords, be patient, take your time on your character and make sure he/she is ready to step food in TOR!
This is true. The more dark side points you get, your face will change slightly, eyes will start to change color ... you can also disable this in options.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.13.2011 , 09:13 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
This is true. The more dark side points you get, your face will change slightly, eyes will start to change color ... you can also disable this in options.
Appreciate the confirmation, NH!
Operative Iron Citadel

Roizel
12.13.2011 , 09:15 AM | #8
I think either doing a baber chair like in WoW would be a good idea at some point. Or another option is maybe every 10 levels or so you could get a chance to redo your characters physical aspect only. I.e. scars hair and maybe body type, not race of course. I know that as i progress I sometimes would like to change my character to look older or add scars to show progression in life experience in the game. Maybe I'm just a nerd tho lol.

UncelSam
12.13.2011 , 09:17 AM | #9
Agree with Roziel.

Age, scars and new hairstyles would be cool to alter along the way the character progress.

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.13.2011 , 09:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Roizel View Post
I sometimes would like to change my character to look older or add scars to show progression in life experience in the game. Maybe I'm just a nerd tho lol.
your suggestions aren't a bad idea. not sure they'll be implemented but it doesnt mean they aren't good suggestions.

as a rule of thumb, i almost always make my character "aged" at the beginning given most MMO's don't allow that type of customization you're suggesting.

I guess I'm a nerd, too. I like it when my character is maxed level and looks "old"....essentially.
Operative Iron Citadel