Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Realm Forums???

Methyl_Druius
12.14.2011 , 01:24 PM | #1
As a 6-year WoW player, I'd like to think I'm pretty familiar with how MMOs work. One of the absolute best community features for each server is to have its own forum. There are many reasons for this, but let's just look at some of the most important things that dedicated realm forums provide:
  • A place to foster relationships among fellow gamers (and still feel connected to the community even if you're stuck at work >.>)
  • A place for guilds to post their recruitment messages (and candidates to view guild recruitment messages filtered by server)
  • Progression tracking of course
  • Event organization - particularly for PvP and world bosses

It would be nice to start getting to know the folks on my server, and learn about the guilds that are there as well. So, what is the verdict on realm forums? Has this already been addressed by the CMs?

Galdwin
12.14.2011 , 01:29 PM | #2
How is playing one MMO being familiar with how MMOs work? Star Wars don't use the word 'realms'.

WoW was nothing more than point up for gear, then out comes expansion making all that gear useless as you need to grind up 10 more levels and collect points to collect your gear all over... oh and yes raids. Until the next expansion... rinse & repeat..

That all said, I am sure there will be server specific forums sooner or later.

Methyl_Druius
12.14.2011 , 01:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Galdwin View Post
How is playing one MMO being familiar with how MMOs work? Star Wars don't use the word 'realms'.

WoW was nothing more than point up for gear, then out comes expansion making all that gear useless as you need to grind up 10 more levels and collect points to collect your gear all over... oh and yes raids. Until the next expansion... rinse & repeat..

See, they work a lot like this: one person logically and intelligently relates a sound and reasonable argument, and then someone with an obvious inferiority complex comes along and completely avoids said argument while simultaneously making themself look utterly foolish. I think I've got it pretty well down, wouldn't you say?

Brandontu
12.14.2011 , 01:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Galdwin View Post

You're not cool because you bash WoW.
Representing the Hardcore PvP scene.
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/12293/insomniacs

Airwren
12.14.2011 , 01:38 PM | #5
I hope that they will add these after launch when they know how many servers in general they are going to open and are using. For those that do read the forums it can be a fun way to build server community.
Pork Me Coverins!!