Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need advice on skills :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Need advice on skills :)

XarezI
12.14.2011 , 09:42 AM | #1
I am going to create a Sith Inquisitor, undecided on tank or dps, but I do not know which crew skills to pick. At first my choices were Synthweaving, Archeology, and underworld trading. As I have been reading though, slicing seems like a good income source, and I definitely do not want to be behind in credits when I reach level 25. Suggestions would be awesome. Thanks

Thundergulch
12.14.2011 , 11:28 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by XarezI View Post
I am going to create a Sith Inquisitor, undecided on tank or dps, but I do not know which crew skills to pick. At first my choices were Synthweaving, Archeology, and underworld trading. As I have been reading though, slicing seems like a good income source, and I definitely do not want to be behind in credits when I reach level 25. Suggestions would be awesome. Thanks
I wouldn't worry too much about being behind in credits when you hit 25.
There are LOTS of doomsayers that will tell you that it's impossible to craft and have enought credits to get your speeder... totally NOT true.
You can craft and have enough IF you do it right and I've done it with every toon.
Meaning harvest whatever you can by yourself.. it's a huge money saver.
Yes you will have to send your companions out for Underworld Trading, and that gets expensive, but the stuff from that skill is mainly used to make the blue and purple items in Synthweaving.

In the last beta I was 250+ synthweaving and was able to get my speeder the moment I hit lvl 25.. granted it broke my bank, but credits are SO easy to come by once you're that level it's silly.

Craft, level, enjoy.
Slicing was nerfed and isn't as lucrative as it used to be, but it's still not too bad.

XarezI
12.14.2011 , 01:31 PM | #3
Will do. Thanks alot for the advice. I think I'm going to stick with my original 3. Should I sell any materials from archaeology or underworld trading or just keep them all.

Thundergulch
12.14.2011 , 01:37 PM | #4
You'll get stuff form both harvesting skills that you won't be able to use in Synthweaving... like color crystals from Arch, and fabrics from Underworld Trading.
Either save them in case you have a crafting alt with a diff profession or sell them in stack on the GTN.
Or give them to me!