Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

Viera
01.21.2012 , 02:45 AM | #11
At what point does Quinn betray you? I'm kinda curious.
"I was a historian once, gathering the relics of the Jedi, learning the ancient mysteries. Always, there were more questions."

Quiet
01.21.2012 , 06:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Viera View Post
At what point does Quinn betray you? I'm kinda curious.
Spoiler
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

apantoliani
01.21.2012 , 10:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by gt-orphan View Post
A Sith taking betrayal personally is kinda funny

They kill there masters as soon as there back is turned.

If anything i respect Quinn more for believing he could defeat a Sith lord, and fully expecting to die for failing, he acted more like a Sith then an Imp.

Spoiler
This. Baras called and wanted his favor cashed in, Quinn is an honorable guy, so he did it. He didn't sound thrilled to do it and didn't even sound like he expected to live afterwards. Betrayal is how Sith roll, so I can respect that. I don't have to like it though. As my healer, he's definitely useful and it would be dumb to kill him. I can see Bioware adding more to this later, maybe in Act 4 whenever it comes out.

I'M A SITH LORD, I KILL EVERYTHING is dumb. He's useful, use him. When he's no longer useful, you can have your revenge then.
Aerendur|Sillywhitegirl
Operative|Scoundrel
Silly Squad|My Ninjas
The Harbinger

ninoss
01.21.2012 , 03:43 PM | #14
I actually suspected Quinn since I've got him as companion (as I did suspect who will be my last boss - which is pretty obvious given lore).
About killing him - I strongly believe you should have such an option. If you want to play a brainless monster - feel free to do so. In many, many quests you do have such an option, so why not where it actually does impact you.

I've played my toon as ruthless, ambitious, and arrogant, yet open minded, bit idealistic patriot. Actually very similiar, as it turned out, to Quinn. Usually showed mercy if something could be gained from it (Battle of Ilum as example). In the end I'd say I've got 50 light side for every 100-150 dark.

My character wouldn't want to kill Quinn as:
1. Suspected and understood his "treason" - which actually was just remaining loyal to his actual benefactor. A valuable treat once you make sure you ARE the benefactor (and after that you probably are).
2. As said previously, Quinn is extremely usefull TOOL.

Viera
01.21.2012 , 04:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Spoiler
Ah, alright. I have only just begun Chapter 3 and I kept reading about it, so was curious.
"I was a historian once, gathering the relics of the Jedi, learning the ancient mysteries. Always, there were more questions."

VALKYRIEunit
12.14.2012 , 11:53 AM | #16
What is the most annoying is the way the whole end of the incident is handled.

It's true that in a RP PoV he is useful.
Spoiler
''There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.'' ―The Je'daii Code

Caelith
12.14.2012 , 02:44 PM | #17
As a mostly darkside but logical sith i will let him off.

After all he is only doing what any sith would do and i respect him for that.
The siege of Coruscant was in fact brought to an end after the republic agreed to give the Empire a Shrubbery, one that looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

CrimsonOrigin
12.17.2012 , 03:34 AM | #18
I understand how you would want to kill him, and maybe Bioware could have implemented a way so that a new companion (with same abilities and such) was given as a replacement. I mean, I could see the Sith/Empire saying "tisk tisk" and send you one of their genetically-enhanced humans as an "upgrade." Of course, usually they are almost emotionless and just do the task that was assigned to them, but it would be a decent trade off.

Save the traitorous but realistic Quinn, or kill him and get an emotionless, enhanced replacement.

Hell, they could even say that the Empire just took off Quinn's gear and handed it to the new guy. Of course, affection would stay to make it fair (maybe they included some of Quinn's memories into the other guy's mind?).

_Darkstar
12.17.2012 , 05:25 AM | #19
Instead of removing the option to kill him they needed to have 4 generic mercenary companions that can be found in cantina's that you can hire to join your crew if you fked up and killed someone you shouldn't.

They could have saved money by having no stories for these companions as they are strictly there to compensate for the odd fool.

I think removing the kill companion option was an over-reaction.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Xonell
12.17.2012 , 06:19 AM | #20
Even better, they could have just let you redo Vette as a healer with a simple companion conversation.

Personally, I'm more angry about the fact that my SW was left without any kind of companion romance after Quinn's betrayal. It really killed a lot of the enthusiasm I had for the character. Could you imagine the outcry if Jaesa had betrayed a male character? There'd be lynch mobs.
X0-NL, Archivist and Librarian Droid.