Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having to re-download the client for EA?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Having to re-download the client for EA?

Thenewclient
12.14.2011 , 01:29 PM | #1
I played in the Nov 25 beta and I never got rid of that client because I thought I would just have to patch it for EA. But now that I have EA I started up the launcher and it started downloading main assets 15,16,and 17. Then it started downloading English video 1 which I already had from the beta. Is it re-downloading the entire client or is this normal.

any help is appreciated I don't want to download the entire client again, thanks.

ForceSeeker
12.14.2011 , 01:31 PM | #2
Actually, there were clear instructions telling you to uninstall the beta client completely and then download the retail client from scratch. If you patch it, you could be asking for issues.
Relax, it's just a game.

Thenewclient
12.14.2011 , 01:35 PM | #3
http://www.swtor.com/early-access

But that said if you where in the Nov 25 beta test you wouldn't have to reinstall

iain_b
12.14.2011 , 01:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceSeeker View Post
Actually, there were clear instructions telling you to uninstall the beta client completely and then download the retail client from scratch. If you patch it, you could be asking for issues.
Actually, you're wrong. We were instructed that the client used in the Nov 25th beta weekend could be used at launch.

The post was lost in the forum wipe but I know I can find an article here on the website if you insist.

EDIT: OP has the link.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

KhameirSarinn
12.14.2011 , 01:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thenewclient View Post
I played in the Nov 25 beta and I never got rid of that client because I thought I would just have to patch it for EA. But now that I have EA I started up the launcher and it started downloading main assets 15,16,and 17. Then it started downloading English video 1 which I already had from the beta. Is it re-downloading the entire client or is this normal.

any help is appreciated I don't want to download the entire client again, thanks.

You're fine, these are just a few added files (small). You don't have to re-download the entire game.

ForceSeeker
12.14.2011 , 01:44 PM | #6
I stand corrected then. I was just going off of the email that I received telling me I had to uninstall my beta client and reinstall the new one. My apologies OP.
Relax, it's just a game.

Thenewclient
12.14.2011 , 02:33 PM | #7
Just finished downloading English video 1 now it is downloading all 12.40GB of main assets 1.