Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow or Guardian?

Spardis
12.14.2011 , 09:02 AM | #1
I'm torn between choosing a guardian or a shadow. Story and companions are going to be my main focus while playing. So, to all that have played these classes, which story line did you like more and which companions did you like more? Give me some reasons as to why they were better. Hopefully SOMEONE can get me off the fence!

Demontang
12.14.2011 , 09:38 AM | #2
I like the Jedi Guardian storyline better than the Shadow's for some reason. Cheesy, at times because I picked light every light side choice I could come across, but it's much more "fight the rising threat of the sith in the universe" oriented than the Shadow storyline. Granted I only hit a few levels into the shadow line, but it's primarily centered around saving your master early on, whereas the Guardian is about saving the universe.

That and I liked the JG companions more than the Consular/Shadow companions. Just didn't really like how they did Qyzen's "voice".

Spardis
12.14.2011 , 09:49 AM | #3
I was going to try and go grey for my ls/ds choices. But yeah, with the beta weekend, i got a shadow to around 20. I feel the problem with the jc class story is that they try to make you "connect" with your master, whom you only see once or twice during the Tython quests. Although, once i got on Taris, the story seemed to get pretty exciting. And yeah, i REALLY wish someone had gotten the other companions for the JC class... Just about everyone i know hates Qyzen, including me.

derkokes
12.14.2011 , 09:51 AM | #4
plus the jk get their second companion the earliest in the game

Spardis
12.14.2011 , 09:54 AM | #5
Well, in regards to companions, i really like how we get an apprentice as a companion. However, she is our ONLY romance-able companion (for male that is) and you get her at like, level 40 :/

Stirny
12.14.2011 , 01:26 PM | #6
I am currently in the same boat.

I played a JC during Beta to 18 and had a lot of fun and I actually loved Qyzen, I really dug the reasoning behind him deciding to join you. I also like the idea of being the council's intelligence agent essentially, slipping into the shadows and gathering intel while being deadly in combat when aggressive negotiations are necessary.

To make my final decision I decided to start a Jedi Knight last night, it is fun and you definitely feel a little bit more like the iconic Jedi you think of when you think Star Wars and I have seen a decent amount of the story while questing with a Jedi Knight friend during beta. For some reason it seems a little bit more bland character wise to me, a little to straightforward. Although I do like the ability to throw a lightsaber.

I will most likely go shadow since I know I like the game play and storyline. Thinking of a robed jedi emerging from the shadows with a glowing double bladed lightsaber is growing on me.