Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Group killed boss after I died and respawned. Got nothing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Group killed boss after I died and respawned. Got nothing.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.20.2012 , 06:11 PM | #1
Endless Horror

I'll put my rage and hatred apart and i'll get to the point:

My spec-ops groups killed the droid boss in Endless Horror operation. I will not say how much we tried and how much effort we put into it. I died, it happens.

Now pls explain: If I respawned during the fight. Why was I left out of the boss loot, and effectively did not even get credit for killing the boss? What is this? A catastrophic bug or some sort of insane trolling from developers?

Why i saw no warning message at all? That respawning would lead to this???

ihiTimdogg's Avatar


ihiTimdogg
01.20.2012 , 06:31 PM | #2
same thing happend to me. I was b rezed and when i hit accept revive it took my out of the instance instead. Then the boss was killed and i got no loot.

Katalystika's Avatar


Katalystika
01.20.2012 , 06:35 PM | #3
Why would you rez to a med center during a raid fight anyway? That doesn't make sense to begin with. Wait until you either down it and get regular rezzed or everyone wipes. Rezzing early can bug some of the encounters anyways...

Now, the B-rez bug, yes that totally blows and I hate it. An easy way to get around it is to wait a couple seconds after it pops up to click it. Haven't had that happen since I started this.

Luminen's Avatar


Luminen
01.20.2012 , 06:38 PM | #4
I had this problem fighting the World Boss on Tattoine, i was one of the first people, and kept the recruiting for more people going on. It was annoying, and hopefully they'll fix it, but it is genereally uncommon a group to succeed with somebody dieing, thought it is an issue they'll tend to. Though it may be trouble, otherwise a person who devoted nothing to killing a world boss could still reap the rewards by not being there at all. I wouldn't blame LucasArts or BioWare for this.
"Sometimes one must sacrifice greatly in order to keep moving forward."

Nepumuk's Avatar


Nepumuk
01.20.2012 , 06:47 PM | #5
There are two ancient MMORPG rules which do not want to go away it seems and might apply to your disappointing experience:
  1. Never release/revive if you die during a boss encounter unless it is a wipe. Because if you are outside the instance when the boss dies you may be locked out from receiving any loot. And many games might even prevent you from re-entering the instance during the encounter.
  2. Never loot a corpse with valuable shinies, until everyone who died during the encounter is alive and near the corpse, or they may not get the loot window.
Of course this does not solve your actual problem at all, nor might it help anything to workaround the actual bugs of the loot system in this game. But noticing many posts about bugged loot, I felt the need to remind people anyways.
Heck, rule one might even still be true for any MMO in existence which has instances, combat and loot. I know at least of one who is running since over 7 years and just tried to fix that problem a few weeks back.

In my opinion, it should be a highest priority to make sure players cannot be screwed over their shinies in loot centric game like this. With loot centric I mean that the power of a character is mostly defined by gear which will be looted from mobs or received via quest rewards (including commendations), or by crafting, etc..
/cjoin LFG on The Red Eclipse

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.20.2012 , 07:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Katalystika View Post
Why would you rez to a med center during a raid fight anyway? That doesn't make sense to begin with. Wait until you either down it and get regular rezzed or everyone wipes. Rezzing early can bug some of the encounters anyways...

Now, the B-rez bug, yes that totally blows and I hate it. An easy way to get around it is to wait a couple seconds after it pops up to click it. Haven't had that happen since I started this.
It doesn't matter what i do as long as I get no explicit warning about the consequences of respawn. How the hell should i know? Now all my guild is a stage further ahead than me. What i am going to do? ask them to kill again the same boss?

Foenixz's Avatar


Foenixz
01.20.2012 , 07:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
It doesn't matter what i do as long as I get no explicit warning about the consequences of respawn. How the hell should i know? Now all my guild is a stage further ahead than me. What i am going to do? ask them to kill again the same boss?
Have you ever played an MMO. You do not take a rez EVER unless it is a combat rez. Quite frankly, your anger should be directed at yourself for this whine and not have subjected the forums to it.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.20.2012 , 08:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
Have you ever played an MMO. You do not take a rez EVER unless it is a combat rez. Quite frankly, your anger should be directed at yourself for this whine and not have subjected the forums to it.
Excuse me, you are telling that a stupid developer oversight should be rather considered a player's fault? AFAIK, EA/Bioware did not make SWTOR only with intentions to pull off players from WOW, but also to attact ppl that:
1. do not necessarily have MMO experience
2. like Star Wars.

And if rez is that much prone to fail, WHY OFFER IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?