Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.20.2012 , 02:08 PM | #1
Act 1 was..Okay, not great, but i felt it was a great first act. It served like an introductory pilot. It introduces you to most of the characters, gives you the basic premise for the class storyline, ect.

Then act two happens...Act two is like, a big lipped alligator, starring you down. Sadly, however. unlike a big lipped alligator moment, this lasts much...Much longer.

Even the NAME is a joke. Force walk? really bioware? It sounds like a bad 80s dance craze..

01.20.2012 , 02:38 PM | #2

Act 2 of the smuggler’s story is lame too. You go from a semi-interesting treasure hunt in Act 1 to basically being a Republic mercenary in Act 2. In Act 1, at least you’re doing your own thing while helping the Rebs on the Act 2, you’re technically on your own but essentially working directly with and for the Republic. The title of Act 2 is ‘Battle of the Underworld’ and so far I haven’t really dealt much with the underworld at all…just a bunch of professional Republic soldiers with more men and equipment than me who always need me to save the day and fight the Imperials.

01.20.2012 , 03:16 PM | #3
Bounty Hunter act 2 is not any better. your basically just given a series of targets to kill, 1 for each planet you need to visit. any one of them alone could be an interesting story line, but the quests barely touch on them. they really just seem to be filler to get you to the planets and throw in a few new companions quickly.

01.20.2012 , 04:02 PM | #4
I understand that BW had to figure out how to adapt their storytelling methods to MMOs, and it is a tough nut to crack, but I keep running into the fact that it’s hard to get emotionally involved in the story. No one really matters, and you’re just taxied from planet to planet to go do something for someone. There are a lot of neat moments, but the story overall is just…lacking.

To be fair, I have heard that the stories are slow burn in nature, and I generally here that the endings are quite cool.

01.20.2012 , 04:11 PM | #5
Writer's got lazy. All the production value put into this game and yet some story lines have little effort put into them. Not cool that absolutely nothing happens levels 30-40 with a SI.

01.20.2012 , 04:24 PM | #6
too much effort into the voice acting and not enough into storyline or mechanics and polishing

01.20.2012 , 04:27 PM | #7
Act 2 is crap for pretty much all classes.
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

01.20.2012 , 06:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Bond View Post
Act 2 is crap for pretty much all classes.

01.20.2012 , 06:35 PM | #9
Act 2 for the Imperial Agent is pretty cool. So there.

01.20.2012 , 06:45 PM | #10
Like the above poster stated, if you want a good act 2 play Imperial agent, you might end up with a bit of a lack of a "epic" ending though as the trade off.

SI act 2 was really boring, heck half of act 1 for SI sucked as well, Balmora was an aweful story, with very little characters and not much of a point. Alderaan was equally worthless. And only Nar Shadaa ends up having any point latter on in the story.

The pacing is really bad in some of the stories, and personally I find that act 3 for the SI really doesn't get much better till much latter, basically while its ending.
In your pants. I'm alluding to your priorities being in your pants. Like, your wiener or weird lady parts that no one understands because they're all tucked in. That's what I was going for. -Coyote