Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ability Delay from Georg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ability Delay from Georg
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shadowfoxe
01.20.2012 , 04:41 PM | #111
My major issue is Jedi Consular Shadow with the animation for backstrike abilities on both SHADOWSTRIKE and sith inquistior assassin.
The character feels clunky and unenjoyable when it goes to do one of the most important strikes from stealth back attack.

I know there are issues involved but maybe the damage could land and the strike register then the animation. I would rather have it NOT sync up than the current form which is jarring and the only thing upon the character that seems very broken

thankful for your response developers its good to have feedback.

HollowPoint
01.20.2012 , 04:42 PM | #112
Im very impressed with the latest series of updates and annoucments of incoming updates. Have patience people. Bioware is an amazing video game company. KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect are all amazing games. They know how to craft an amazing game. This is their first MMO. Give them time to hammer out the bugs. They are listening to the community, and your valid complaints will be heard.

Yes, Ilum leaves some things to be desired, but the latest patch and subsequent emergency patch actually has poeple PvPing there now. Give them some more time and they will introduce some amazing new content. As far as Ilum goes, the biggest downfall is the population imbalance on most serves.

Keep up the good work Bioware!
HollowPoint
[Soldiers of Hate] The Black Vulkars server
Polynikes: Sith Assassin Hollowpoint: Powertech
...evil will always triumph, because good is dumb. - Dark Helmet

Kokhlachev
01.20.2012 , 04:44 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone! We've posted a new blog from Georg that talks more about ability delay. Click here to read the blog!
See you in a month.

Kurenar
01.20.2012 , 04:44 PM | #114
You jokers fix this and you'll have my sub back

ErnieVega
01.20.2012 , 04:44 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Benjamin Franklin had a saying for you "Better to be silent and let people think you a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt"
while i agree with your sentiment the word "then" completely changes the meaning of the quote you just used.... "than" was the word you were looking for.
The Initiative
Vrook Lamar

GeorgZoeller
01.20.2012 , 04:45 PM | #116 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by dhvyse View Post
This effects EVERYONE. It can affect PvE just as much as PvP. You probably don't even realize it because you are so used to button mashing your abilities to compensate.
That is actually not a correct statement.

As discussed in the past, 'Ability Delay' is a broad term for number of griefances and bugs seen. We have started about 100 different investigations into feedback items gathered from the relevant threads.

Some of the issues we found under the heading 'ability delay' affect people uniformly.

A good number of them however require specific combinations of settings (e.g. miniqueue length), processor hardware, hard drive type, server or client load, number of people in your vicinity or even a specific character class to manifest at varying magnitude. Playstyle (clicker vs. keyboarder) also factors in.

On top of that, people also have different tolerances.

For that reason, it is perfectly valid for some people to say that they have not seen an issue with ability responsiveness at all while others can validly say it is happening all the time.

That said, what matters is that we fix it. Even if two thirds of our players claimed it doesn't happen, we still fix it. Serious problems don't require a majority vote to get addressed.

-- Georg

ishtori
01.20.2012 , 04:45 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahlin View Post
After reading this I'm concerned that the devs don't actually understand the issue.
yeah. what they're "fixing" is not what has been talked about in the ability delay bug, which leads me to believe it's not something they'll be able to fix due to the way the hero engine is implemented.
Subscription cancelled+3/10 guildies gone. Not received DD items,$20. Ability Delay "bug". High rez textures not shown. oh wait, they're only meant for, quote Stephen Reid, "ingame cinematics" (or what normal gamers/industry call CUTSCENES that happen w/ every quest NPC). So now we're playing a fully voice over AND cinematic mmo

Lurlus
01.20.2012 , 04:45 PM | #118
Great, looking forward to it. Will renew my sub as soon as I see the fix.

celldoom
01.20.2012 , 04:46 PM | #119
Thanks for the info, these messages is what we need. Keeping us in the dark about the game we're playing is maddening enought. The game looks better and better with these issues being solved. Now if you could disable camera auto-adjust already....

TrelokBloodstar
01.20.2012 , 04:49 PM | #120
Appreciate the update. Thank you.