Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ability Delay from Georg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ability Delay from Georg
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baaddare
01.20.2012 , 04:22 PM | #81
glad to see someone of the issues related to peoples hardware to be honest. Since i was not experiencign this issue made it hard to see what the fuss was about. let alone people claimign some of us were not truthful when we woudl say what delay.
Now Minsc is in charge SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!

Bachous
01.20.2012 , 04:22 PM | #82
My comp doesn't have a dual core so I haven't been able to play yet, although I own the game. It sucks waiting but in the meantime the bugs are getting worked out. I've also had a chance to read the a dozen or so STar wars books to really get myself emersed in the universe. Good stuff.

Manjiyomi_Jun
01.20.2012 , 04:23 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by dhvyse View Post
I'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem SINCE EARLY BETA. It was THE #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off FIRST.

It still plagues our game play TO THIS DAY and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed IN BETA.

Bioware still has a TON to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. PRIORITIZE. This is ridiculous and I'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.
So, would you rather they not fix it at all? "It should have been fixed already" is unacceptable. They don't own a time machine and they can't just go back and change something. They keep us in the loop about updates and this is the kind of crap they get for it? Can Bioware even win at this point with people like you? At this point, I wish more of "you" would just unsubscribe. All you do is scream "that's not good enough" when you have no idea what it takes to patch a game like this. I mean really, what do you want them to do other than fix it when they will or magically change the past? I really wanna hear your response to this.

10/10 I raged

tl;dr Nothing we can do now but move forward. Come at me, bro.
"With great power comes great responsibility."

eyecantell
01.20.2012 , 04:23 PM | #84
Rerolling on PTS is not nearly as appealing as being able to copy our chars over, not to mention you get better testing with seasoned chars. Please implement this soon.

osuaaron
01.20.2012 , 04:23 PM | #85
Well I'm very glad the PVPers are happy so now we can get back to the other 90% of the game, development wise.

GeorgZoeller
01.20.2012 , 04:24 PM | #86 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
Did it say 1.2? No, I believe it said next update...which eludes to the so far weekly updates.
Correct. Nobody said 1.2. The improvements mentioned in the blog post are urgent and there is no reason for us to wait for a major content release to roll them out.

Please note that we are very deliberate and careful when using the words 'soon' or 'very soon'. We don't use them lightly.

Ramuk
01.20.2012 , 04:24 PM | #87
Great news.

My only concern would be that in some cases the delay is caused because instant abilities have animations that don't register the effect until the animation is complete.

Its fine for me, but I am sure many others will continue to not like how that works.
Keller's Void - GAF
Republic Guild
Jedi Shadow

Papasteak
01.20.2012 , 04:24 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Chumppp View Post
if this is true ill re-sub.
nope, it's completely fake, and they're just making it all up to appease us until it eventually doesn't come out.
Proud member of Squadron 367

Sarkav
01.20.2012 , 04:25 PM | #89
Great news - can't happen soon enough!
Sark - Imperial Assassin, Daragon Trail

djsmileey
01.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #90
With the amount of supposed outrage over this thing, you'd think there would be a hell of a lot more than 9 pages of responses over this news.
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.