Update on Ability Delay from Georg

AllisonBerryman

Give them a chance to isolate things and fix it. Its probably not as simple as you figure it to be kid.

well considering he has a valid point yet you refer to him as a kid I will do the same to you, even though I do not know you at all nor can I guarantee your a kid.

These are problems we told them about at least 3 months BEFORE release in closed beta. We had long long threads, multiple arguments etc on the forums about key delay and class discrepancies. So if you think this is so complicated they cannot fix it in over 5 months you are absurdly naive, kid....

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem SINCE EARLY BETA. It was THE #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off FIRST.

It still plagues our game play TO THIS DAY and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed IN BETA.

Bioware still has a TON to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. PRIORITIZE. This is ridiculous and I'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.

If this actually fixes the plethora of maddening problems I've had I'll keep my subscription well into the year (even after D3!). The blog post sounds promising, but honestly the discontinuity between patch notes and gameplay reality leaves me feeling skeptical.

Can I have a character copy or at the very least a lvl 50 character with green gear to test out the features rather than taking another month+ from my normal play time to level another character that might twice as long to hit 50?

I am sure something like that will go a longer way to having more people come over and test more functions of the game.

i'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem since early beta. It was the #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off first.

It still plagues our game play to this day and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed in beta.

Bioware still has a ton to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. Prioritize. This is ridiculous and i'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

Shame on you bioware.

quoted as truth

If this actually fixes the plethora of maddening problems I've had I'll keep my subscription well into the year (even after D3!). The blog post sounds promising, but honestly the discontinuity between patch notes and gameplay reality leaves me feeling skeptical.

Have you played D3 yet?

D2 is still far better from my experience. Just FYI.

Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~1,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?

"Working as intended"

Where did they say that? BW yet has to show signs of life in the trooper forum.

Edited by Dreossk

I'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem SINCE EARLY BETA. It was THE #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off FIRST.

It still plagues our game play TO THIS DAY and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed IN BETA.

Bioware still has a TON to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. PRIORITIZE. This is ridiculous and I'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.

This is pretty true actually. Suddenly the value of Georg's words have plummeted since he does indeed act like it's something they were caught off guard with. :confused:

Great news. This game has some amazing elements (story, art direction, etc.), and its nice to know you are working on the not so nice elements. With this fix, and maybe a few others, the pvp in this game will be awesome and as exciting as I know it can be.

Thanks for the update

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.

Do you know how much code there is to go through?

Much of Beta is spent making sure the leveling experience works, making sure the systems are put into place and making sure the launch is relatively smooth

In MMOs, its launch now fix later. otherwise you keep falling more and more behind your competitors.

They probably have been working on it since Beta but only since launch after the systems were put into the game and working did they have the resources to fully pursue the issue.

They kept their whole Team Post Launch. They did this to fix things quickly. They know the game isn't perfect and they are trying to get it done. Do you really think that a team that has spent 5 years working on something doesn't care about it and doesn't want to see it successful or calls home on it?

No, when you spend 5 years on something and you eat breathe and sleep it, you invest time into and it becomes part of you. I know, I'm a musician with a Degree in Music. My Music is part of me. This game is part of them. WoW is part of the Blizzard Developers.

These guys want to see it succeed and they are trying, but I guess you've never invested yourself into a large work of something to be truly proud of. Everything is probably handed to you in life and you feel entitled to having everything perfect on day 1

yeah I'm mad Bro.

Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~2,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?

The Trooper's mortar volley is an animation issue not related to the technical fixes mentioned in this thread. It is however being worked on (take this as a confirmation that we are not satisfied with how the ability reacts to player input and that we intend to fix it).

Please understand if I'm not going to discuss more individual ability concerns in this thread to avoid derailing the topic at this point.

Since I see some demaind for it, I will see if I can get you guys an update on individual ability animation concerns (both balance and gameplay) in the future. You should see a number of non animation concerns with faction ability fixed in an upcoming patch on PTS.

-- Georg

You changed the Ability Cool down graphics without request from the players. We can no longer tell when our abilities are cooled down. This problem makes the ability delay problem worse. 700+ replies and more then 70 pages including other threads about this topic exits.

Not one BioWare reply yet. Please REVERT The changes. Thank you.

We've seen your feedback on the change and the team is working on improvements to ability cooldown readability as we speak.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.

It's amazing. They make a post stating how they are going to fix problems.

Edited by Notannos
insult