Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order help needed please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre-order help needed please
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amare
12.14.2011 , 12:57 PM | #1
Hi there,

I pre-ordered August 9th and I got my confirmation email to start this morning. I downloaded the client but the file only contained the launcher, not the digital copy that I had purchased. My account already recognizes that I redeemed the code but I can't seem to find out where to go from here. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Aflixion
12.14.2011 , 12:58 PM | #2
Start up the launcher. The launcher itself downloads the game for you.

Amare
12.14.2011 , 01:07 PM | #3
The launcher opens but the part where you enter account info is greyed out and it gives me an error at the top of it. Same thing it said a few days ago when I downloaded it before I had early access.

Conveeyor
12.14.2011 , 01:10 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
What is the exact error message please? According ot our databases you are free to play.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 01:10 PM | #5
The error at the top could mean a number of things, but it boils down to the login servers are not contactable.

This could either be a problem at the servers (unlikley as lots of people are logging in) or with your local computer and/or network.

Quick and easy (although I take no responsibility for anything that happens because of this) turn off your firewall software and maybe your antivirus too, then open the launcher... See if it can see the login servers then.

If it can close, restart the firewall/AV and work out what part is blocking it.

If not then there should be more detailed instructions on the support pages to look into what needs to be configured.

I had the same problem a week or so ago, but it sorted itself out after the initial rush of people trying to download it.

Amare
12.14.2011 , 01:12 PM | #6
OK thanks for the tips guys. I actually ran home on my lunch break to try to get the download started so I'm back at work now and can't get you the exact error message at this time. I'll try it out again tonight and update this thread with more info if I'm still having issues. Thanks again!

Amare
12.14.2011 , 01:44 PM | #7
Hmm I just saw a help post on this forum saying that, and I hope I'm not mistaken here, early access digital product codes will be released on the 16th, and that it's a different code than the one I got originally when I pre-ordered. Is this the case for my account? Although you did say the database shows I'm ready to go.

Grimmzor
12.14.2011 , 01:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
The error at the top could mean a number of things, but it boils down to the login servers are not contactable.

This could either be a problem at the servers (unlikley as lots of people are logging in) or with your local computer and/or network.

Quick and easy (although I take no responsibility for anything that happens because of this) turn off your firewall software and maybe your antivirus too, then open the launcher... See if it can see the login servers then.

If it can close, restart the firewall/AV and work out what part is blocking it.

If not then there should be more detailed instructions on the support pages to look into what needs to be configured.

I had the same problem a week or so ago, but it sorted itself out after the initial rush of people trying to download it.
How did these tests go for you?
█||||||()█Ξ██████████████████████████████)
The Force is strong with me

Amare
12.14.2011 , 01:47 PM | #9
I didn't get a chance to try as I'm still at work. Will update this thread tonight when I can try.

Amare
12.14.2011 , 01:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Amare View Post
Hmm I just saw a help post on this forum saying that, and I hope I'm not mistaken here, early access digital product codes will be released on the 16th, and that it's a different code than the one I got originally when I pre-ordered. Is this the case for my account? Although you did say the database shows I'm ready to go.
If someone has any thoughts on this though I'd love to hear them, just want to make sure I'm not in for some surprises tonight, haha.