Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Investigation not working as intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Investigation not working as intended?

lorddragone
01.19.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1
I have a level 20 Sorcerer who took Investigation as her crew skill. I took it so I could get schematics for the other crew skills. I started the skill the day after update 1.1 went live. I leveled the skill to 100 and never got a single schematic.

Now my wife also has a lvl 20 Sage and she took Underworld Trading at the same time and leveled her's to only 60 and has gotten 3 different schematics. 2 for Armormech and 1 for synthweaving. According to the in-game codex Underworld is not supposed to have a chance for schematics but Investigation is for all the crew skills.

My question is this, did the update mess this up and switch the schematic chance from investigation over to Underworld?

Varturius
01.19.2012 , 01:42 PM | #2
I've been getting them for awhile from UWT. My issue is the majority of them are for republic side (I'm a BH).
<This Space for Rent>

Sardis_Jett
01.19.2012 , 01:43 PM | #3
As most of the schematics I get are for the imperial side. I think they did this so we would trade on the neutral AH.

lorddragone
01.19.2012 , 01:45 PM | #4
so did I take the wrong skill? What does investigation give you schematic wise?

GnatB
01.19.2012 , 01:58 PM | #5
UWT, according to both experience and the sticky at the top of this forum, has a chance of finding orange (custom) schematics for synthweaving and armortech.

Investigation, according to the sticky at the top of this forum, has a chance of finding blue schematics for all craftskills.

Not really in-game though so can't say exactly what the codex entries for the various skills say. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if they were out of date though.

(I'd also argue that due to the way prefix tiering works, there is little/no point to blue schematics for any item that doesn't use linear RE)

Edit: The other question is what type of mission are you useing to raise skills? I've opened some lockboxes (or prototype boxes?) out 'n about and found schematics inside. Possibly that's how you're supposed to get them from Investigation? Lockbox (or whatever) missions?

XeroTheta
01.19.2012 , 02:13 PM | #6
You have to crit on investigation missions for these schematics to happen. The RNG is just not in your favor. I've gotten a total of 10-15 schematics for various levels of armstech, armormech, cybertech, and synthweaving from investigation. I am sitting at ~280 investigation right now.

Believe it or not, these all came from C2-N2 before I got Bowdaar. For some reason I had a long streak of crits, and AFAIK he has no crew skill bonuses and there is no way to raise his affection. I'm assuming I got incredibly lucky.

KapitanAwesome
01.20.2012 , 03:07 PM | #7
I did hundreds of the first two tier investigation missions, and got about 10 total schematics for synthweaving, armor, and cyber. All from either Fist of Justice, Genosian Fortress, or a third one I didn't write down. 90% from my Khem Val who has a bonus in investigation.

But after getting maybe 1 in 10 from those missions, I got nothing after a hundred or so more tries.