Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not gaining Artifice crafting XP anymore?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Not gaining Artifice crafting XP anymore?

Odosept
12.20.2011 , 01:36 AM | #1
The last 10 or so items I had crafted yielded no artifice crafting experience, it's stuck at 153. Are there certain low-end items that won't give you XP when you craft them? I tried crafting premium items, and 'artifact' items as well, ones that have the most costly components to find, the most recent ones I had been able to make and still not gaining any more XP. What's wrong?

GemX
12.20.2011 , 01:39 AM | #2
There is a little dot next to the item. If it's gray you gain no exp.
GemX of GemtriX Networks
http://www.gemtrix.com

Atyesz
12.20.2011 , 01:40 AM | #3
There is a colored circle next to every item, its color showing its difficulty. Same as in WoW, if you played it: orange, yellow, green, gray from most diff to easiest, orange meaning you level up every time, sometimes 2 skill points at once, gray meaning you wont get any skillups ever.
A beer before dinner, makes you a winner.
Drink it before breakfast, then you`re a sinner.

Velerak
12.20.2011 , 03:56 AM | #4
Reverse engineer what you craft and eventually you'll get some prototype mods and then artifact mods to craft, they'll take you up to the next level. Failing that, make sure you've bought all the recent schematics from the artificing trainer.

ReMcDomhnall
01.20.2012 , 03:07 PM | #5
unless of course you are color blind like me....then you are basically screwed! Bioware, if you read this, 8% of the male population is colorblind and seeing the difference between you circles is next to impossible....dont get me started on the blue and purple outlines on gear I can tell they are different but no clue as to what is what...back to the numbers 8% of men...this number is also statistaclly higher among computer programmers ....no color when coding all day....anyway you have 1.5 millionish subscribers....let say 1 mil are men....that means that almost 100,000 of your gamers have difficulty with your game...take a look at board games like ticket to ride...they have different colors of track you put down, but they also have a non color shape associated with each color (black is diamonds)....PLEASE ADD SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO SWTOR!
Night gathers, and now my watch begins.