Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware abuse warranted?

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 11:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Thank you so much for the positive post OP. Just felt you deserved a better response than the one you got.
The responses I have got I was expecting to be honest people are quikc to moan but very reluctant to praise... such is life

joffmonk
12.14.2011 , 11:34 AM | #12
There isnt any psoitive feedback coz they are too busy playing, as i would be had i had my email already.
That said your right, people are just greeting coz they have no dummy left in thier mouth, its across the room where they spat it out.
As for the dude who would rather play with lag, nut uh! you'd probably be the first person on here complaining u where lagging so bad you died, same as most other people would be if it occured in that way.
This is a very smart way of releasing a game, 2 -5 days advantage is nothing except to the hardcore, jobless, lifeless eegits that flock to MMO's and they will catch up amd/or overtake the casuals quickly enough anyways.
Let them cry, forums are usually littered with unhappy customers, thats the norm, anyone with any sense will know this, Bioware included.
Give it a week it will all be forgotten, they will have found thier dummies and will be suckling away as they play... until a scheduled maintenance hehe.

benseac
12.14.2011 , 11:38 AM | #13
My positive feedback is that I'm liking the game. Was glad to see areas in beta that my poor old fart machine choked on were running more smoothly.

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 11:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by benseac View Post
My positive feedback is that I'm liking the game. Was glad to see areas in beta that my poor old fart machine choked on were running more smoothly.
This makes me happy in my pants because i struggled in some areas in beta on minimum settings...

joffmonk
12.14.2011 , 11:45 AM | #15
There isnt any psoitive feedback coz they are too busy playing, as i would be had i had my email already.
That said your right, people are just greeting coz they have no dummy left in thier mouth, its across the room where they spat it out.
As for the dude who would rather play with lag, nut uh! you'd probably be the first person on here complaining u where lagging so bad you died, same as most other people would be if it occured in that way.
This is a very smart way of releasing a game, 2 -5 days advantage is nothing except to the hardcore, jobless, lifeless eegits that flock to MMO's and they will catch up amd/or overtake the casuals quickly enough anyways.
Let them cry, forums are usually littered with unhappy customers, thats the norm, anyone with any sense will know this, Bioware included.
Give it a week it will all be forgotten, they will have found thier dummies and will be suckling away as they play... until a scheduled maintenance hehe.

rchez
12.14.2011 , 12:52 PM | #16
all your opinions are good and valid points, and i do have a job, but i have finished for christmas, but part of the fun of a new expansion/mmo for me is the hectic time where every1 is wanting to quest quickly and progress, and i think that this method takes away from that experience. and i will not be one of the people who skips cutscenes from questing, because in the beta it was awesome, and i expect the game to be almost like a 500 hour interactive movie before i hit 50. i will not be a hardcore player, but i will be completing endgame stuff, and people do play mmos a hell of a lot on the first weeks of release. some people book work holidays for that entire reason.
and as much as im itching to play the game, i would rather have waited til the 20th and let everyone play at the same time, on a level playing field.
im no expert on servers, but what is going to happen when they let all the players access? there is going to be the same number of people playing (there and there abouts) on 17th december (for arguments sake, lets say that date is when everyone who has preordered will have access) as there would have been if they gave everyone access on 13th. Will staggering access really prevent lag and issues?
Anyway
My open and honest feelings, some people think this is a good idea, some do not. Im not flaming or trolling, im putting forward my opinions and feelings, which is mostly what forums are for. Quote and rip me if you like, i wont lose any sleep believe me.