Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Idea for LFG tool

GengisKahn's Avatar


GengisKahn
01.18.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1
Ok, i have two ideas for a LFG tool.

First idea is:

An automated tool that sets the group and trsnports you in, with a checkbox in the window where you queue saying if you want to queue with people of your same shard or if you want to queue with people cross shard, this would allow those that dont want to queue with people of others shard dont have to.

Thats the idea i like more.

The second idea is :

a window where you can choose to set as LFG for specific flashpoints, heroic quests and operations (you can select multiple ones), you can also set your role.

After you set yourself as a looking for group, you appear in a list, SHARED BETWEEN ALL THE PLANETS AND ZONES OF YOUR SHARD. At the side of your name, a button to wisper you is shown too.
It also has a LFM section, where you can set your group as looking for more, setting the missing roles. After you set your group as such, it appears in another list shared between all the planets. In the list appear only the group leader, with a whiper button.

Every player can view both lists at all times, and therefore can easily find other people to join. After the looking player whisps the listed player, the grup forms normally and everyone travels to the place.

I'm open to suggestions, but keep in mind that i dont find valid ANY form of group forming that involves spamming ANY channel (be it general, trade, a LFG channel or custom channel) because spamming is BAD and i dont think its a good solution anything that forces you to be in a set zone because travelling the universe should be encouraged.

Pawlaar's Avatar


Pawlaar
01.18.2012 , 11:56 AM | #2
*** is a shard

GengisKahn's Avatar


GengisKahn
01.18.2012 , 11:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pawlaar View Post
*** is a shard
A server in SW:TOR.

GengisKahn's Avatar


GengisKahn
01.19.2012 , 06:19 AM | #4
I would love some feedback on this.

Aggathor's Avatar


Aggathor
01.19.2012 , 06:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pawlaar View Post
*** is a shard
It's commonly known as a server or realm. Aion used the term shard i think.


Any LFG tool that matches people from different servers is a bad choice for the future of server communities.

People couldn't care a less about ninja'ing, being an @ss or slacking because there were no penalties. Like flagging the person as a ninja to guild members etc


A LFG tool on each server would be nice. eg. select your roll, choose your FP, set difficulty and players can easily browse who is LFG to the same FP.

Either that, or people need to learn to socialise and join guilds for the purpose of getting FP groups easier. THAT, is what makes a good community, a purpose to not be an @ss.
MMO rule #3583: Quiters never whine and whiners never quit.

Fyurie's Avatar


Fyurie
01.19.2012 , 06:47 AM | #6
RIFT used the term Shard. Aion called them servers.

Just popping that amazingly off-topic piece of trivia in. ;D
Solynna Touhara - Sith Assassin Darkness Tank - 31/0/10
Officer of Malevolent - 3-day endgame raiding guild.
Current Progress: Normal:- 5/5 EV | 5/5 HH. Hard:- 4/5 EV | 3/5 HH.
My SW:TOR and General Gaming Stream - http://www.own3d.tv/Fyurie

GengisKahn's Avatar


GengisKahn
01.19.2012 , 07:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aggathor View Post
It's commonly known as a server or realm. Aion used the term shard i think.


Any LFG tool that matches people from different servers is a bad choice for the future of server communities.

People couldn't care a less about ninja'ing, being an @ss or slacking because there were no penalties. Like flagging the person as a ninja to guild members etc


A LFG tool on each server would be nice. eg. select your roll, choose your FP, set difficulty and players can easily browse who is LFG to the same FP.

Either that, or people need to learn to socialise and join guilds for the purpose of getting FP groups easier. THAT, is what makes a good community, a purpose to not be an @ss.
Yeah well, i dont want to use the guild as a group finder, i prefer to use it for its social aspect. I think joining guilds for its social aspect instead of to use thema s a toof for FP group finding is actually better for the community.

The LFG option i proposed had a checkbox to click if you want ir cross server or not, that would fix it for the ones that dont want to group with people from other servers (although i disagree with you, ninjas and asses are always there, LFG or not).

What about the other option i proposed? Do you see any flaws in it?

zagon's Avatar


zagon
01.19.2012 , 07:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aggathor View Post

<snip>

Any LFG tool that matches people from different servers is a bad choice for the future of server communities.

<snip>
You know what else is really bad for server communities?
Spending 2-3 hours trying to find a group for a flashpoint, and then giving up and logging out.

We really *do* need some way to get a group together ALOT quicker, or else there will not be any community to foster..

GengisKahn's Avatar


GengisKahn
01.20.2012 , 06:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by zagon View Post
You know what else is really bad for server communities?
Spending 2-3 hours trying to find a group for a flashpoint, and then giving up and logging out.

We really *do* need some way to get a group together ALOT quicker, or else there will not be any community to foster..
Absolutely agree.

Spamming chat channels shouldn't be encouraged. Spamming is bad, the word itself says it.

We need a solution.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't