Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

Arbitte
01.20.2012 , 02:53 AM | #1
Hi my name is Jason and I play a Sith Marauder who in his journey has killed every enemy who has crossed his path. Please explain why I don't have the option to kill Malavai Quinn when he betrays me. Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class but in the next expansion of the game please implement the option to finally have revenge. Thanks. -Armandi Sol

Quiet
01.20.2012 , 02:57 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Arbitte View Post
Hi my name is Jason and I play a Sith Marauder who in his journey has killed every enemy who has crossed his path. Please explain why I don't have the option to kill Malavai Quinn when he betrays me. Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class but in the next expansion of the game please implement the option to finally have revenge. Thanks. -Armandi Sol
The option was there in beta.
And many players killed him off. Afterwards the majority of players that killed him off, submitted complaints to bring him back because they missed having a healing companion.
So, BW removed the ability to kill off companions.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Arbitte
01.20.2012 , 03:02 AM | #3
Understandable, but on Nar Shadaa I encountered a Sith that offered himself to my service that I would have gladly taken in as a companion after the punishment of Quinn. -Armandi Sol

DarkestDaemon
01.20.2012 , 10:36 AM | #4
Because your Sith character is smarter than you.

Not saying this to be insulting just responding with the truth, an intelligent Sith (which is what our characters are supposed to be) does not squander a valuable resource unless their hand is forced in the matter, or the resource finally gets used up. Quinn, as the story goes, has much to offer that puts him in a unique position against other officers of his level.

We know he's an excellent pilot, he's an amazing strategist, and he knows how to stay a step ahead of opponents. The only way to resolve it is to look at it from a RP PoV. Your character mistrusts Quinn, won't give him vital information, etc. but will continue to use him until he finally is useless, or until an officer of equal caliber was found.

ZakMorgan
01.20.2012 , 10:54 AM | #5
You could have put a spoiler tag in the title....just saying
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Jiraiya_Goketsu
01.20.2012 , 11:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
You could have put a spoiler tag in the title....just saying
How can you spoil that which isn't there?

Arakasii
01.20.2012 , 12:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arbitte View Post
Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class.
Apology not accepted.

gt-orphan
01.20.2012 , 02:20 PM | #8
A Sith taking betrayal personally is kinda funny

They kill there masters as soon as there back is turned.

If anything i respect Quinn more for believing he could defeat a Sith lord, and fully expecting to die for failing, he acted more like a Sith then an Imp.

Spoiler
╬╬╬╬╬╬╣♦█╡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Tek_Coronado
01.20.2012 , 04:21 PM | #9
Oh poo, i got spoiled lol. Now i'm going to look at Quinn under a different light for my last 10 levels lol.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." ~ Bill Cosby

TheLonelyTusken
01.20.2012 , 08:48 PM | #10
I haven't been spoiled in a long time. It STINGS.