Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware if you were unsure first come first served means the first people get served

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Bioware if you were unsure first come first served means the first people get served

TheSiobhan
12.14.2011 , 12:34 PM | #1
So I registered 8 hours after the announcement, I have paid in full for 2 collectors editiond and 2 standards. This is over 400 dollars that I have spent in games alone. (Xmas presents) However bioware has decided in their infinite wisdom to reneg on their portion of the agreement. My guild was not imported, I have received no early acccess. I have been trying for over a week at this point to get an answer from customer support and make them aware of the issue. However they ignored me, and now well I'm just tired of it, so here ya go bioware/ea. You lost 400 in sales, and at least 8 months of subs, but probably more. Not to mention since the guild wasn't imported I have some guild members who are no longer interested since they've seen how this stuff is handled.

Btw reddit/gaming forums/ign anywhere I can post about this I will.

TheSiobhan
12.14.2011 , 01:28 PM | #2
Don't mind me just another thread about breach of contract

Rhayge
12.14.2011 , 01:38 PM | #3
Did your guild meet the minimum requirements for being imported into the game? If you did not have at least 4 members who had redeemed preorder codes before the cutoff, your guild would not be imported. They were pretty clear about that part.

As to early game access, if they are doing it based on when you redeemed your pre-order codes, then I think it is first-come, first-served as they stated. It's a benefit, not a right - so if you don't get the full 7 days, it wasn't ever 'promised' or 'guaranteed'.

How is this breach of contract? Just curious.
Agent Xhex Galere - Guild Leader

== ANATHEMA ==
Website || Apply Casual Progression | Adult | PVE | US - EST

kremzeek
12.14.2011 , 01:49 PM | #4
people are just pi**ed that they cant get in yet, after paying a B***load of money to get the early access and even the collectable items. i cant blame this one for being angry. but i think quiting isnt really neccessary though. i know its a lot of money for 4 editions of the game but bioware saved themself by always stating that it MAY be UP to 5/7 days. actually the last 2 days were a bonus. everyone knew what we where getting into from the start. but if it was me i would make it a priority to get every preorder in by the 15th of december at least then we would have the feeling that the EXTRA CASH usually 5 $or 5 to start 5 days earlier.
so i wouldn't leave if you cant get in before the 15th thats a bit overreaction in my op.
[█[HHHHH]()█Ξ█████████████████████████████████)
SWTOR CE Owner

TheSiobhan
12.14.2011 , 01:56 PM | #5
We had the minimum requirements, I entered my pre-order code within 8 hours of thhe announcement. I could give a **** that they added 2 days, there should only be 8 hours worth of people ahead of me, not over a month which is where they're at now. My guild wasn't created we've lost our guild name, I've lost my. Character name I've been using for 20 years, several of my friends ended up on different servers because our guild wasn't imported.

It's a breach based on the fqct that I gave them money ahead of time to secure my place in line. They have kept my money for 5 months and are not delivering on their promise. The up to 5 days part isn't the breach, the first come first serve part is.

jmasters
12.14.2011 , 01:56 PM | #6
It's kind of funny reading these posts. I'm not in yet either but to be realistic, we all preordered while it said "May be up to 5 days" which hasn't even started yet. They gave 2 more days onto the original 5 and it has always said MAY get in. Nothing said we have a right to be in the game for every Early Game day they offered. Technically they could let everyone in on the last day and would still be part of the 5 days. Relax and go do something with your life or stop complaining about bonuses Bioware is giving us.

Kuiper
12.14.2011 , 01:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSiobhan View Post
We had the minimum requirements, I entered my pre-order code within 8 hours of thhe announcement. I could give a **** that they added 2 days, there should only be 8 hours worth of people ahead of me, not over a month which is where they're at now. My guild wasn't created we've lost our guild name, I've lost my. Character name I've been using for 20 years, several of my friends ended up on different servers because our guild wasn't imported.

It's a breach based on the fqct that I gave them money ahead of time to secure my place in line. They have kept my money for 5 months and are not delivering on their promise. The up to 5 days part isn't the breach, the first come first serve part is.
It said UP TO* 5 days...read the fine print.

ThMirtisAsmenys
12.14.2011 , 02:00 PM | #8
your guildmates pre-ordered for sure then? when did you redeem your pre-order code?

Fooolking
12.14.2011 , 02:02 PM | #9
This sounds like a frustrating situation to be in...

I want to give you a slightly different perspective. Just because some friends have been playing a day extra and have ended up on a different servers doesn't mean you can't rally together on the official launch date.

No one wants to be left behind, but surely a few days shouldn't ruin a year or more of waiting.

This is a good game with an imperfect launch. Weather the storm and you will land upon sunny shores!

That's the Fooolking guarantee!

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 02:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSiobhan View Post
Actually, you gave them money to hold and deliver your copies of the game, not your place in line for EGA.