Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you listening Bioware?

Grandpappy
01.19.2012 , 10:18 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by XoChineXo View Post
Because they are Themepark MMO's. Crafting is nothing more than vanity/timesink in Themeparks as gear is the driving "reward" factor of the game. Gear guides the carts on the 'rails'. It will always be this way.

Take a second and think about all of the endgame content of "about every MMO" that you've alluded to above...what did you do and why did you do it?

You should now see that this is not a plausible concept in SWTOR.

If you want to play an MMO where crafting really matters, pick up a Sandbox. There are a ton out there.
Oh I agree - I'm still waiting for a good one to come out
Inside video from Bioware's PVP development dept working on the next patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

SquidTortellini
01.19.2012 , 10:20 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ortof View Post
I could say the very same thing about oh, I don't know, every "Joined Nov, Dec 2011 with no avatar" that have literally done nothing but hash the game from day 1.

I see the bugs, faults etc in this game. However, as a whole it is very playable and "I" am enjoying it. So if because I actually enjoy the game means I am being paid by BW to defend them, lol, ok cool I have a side job I guess.

Though I will say thank you. Yet another "you like the game and didn't hate it immediately therefor your a fanboy" type response. Seriously, laughing at how hypocritical some of you guys are.
Chill out bro no need to get mad about it. I had fun until level 30, thought the game would get better at 50, it didn't.

XoChineXo
01.19.2012 , 10:22 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
There have been numerous times when I was able to craft gear that was better quality than had dropped in loot, or was available on the GTN or in vendors.

So I'm not sure what your deal is in this regard.
This may be true to a small degree as there are different levels of gear, until end game.
Unless Bioware finds a way to guide the carts that are gear independent you will NEVER be-able to craft gear better than end game raid or pvp gear of the most recent content.

There's nothing new or unique here. It's standard Themepark practice.

In turn, your crafted gear becomes irrelevant as it's not the final gear that is being sought. It can always be replaced by something that is not needed to be player made.
Similar to SWG:The Repopulation
Similar to EvE (Ground based Mechs): Perpetuum
Themepark/Sandbox Hybrid: ArcheAge

Darth_Rathus
01.19.2012 , 10:25 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
Oh yeah...it's not like PVP is part of the game or anything.
It's not. Some people haven't figured that out yet.

Grandpappy
01.19.2012 , 10:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Rathus View Post
It's not. Some people haven't figured that out yet.
Oh...I guess I just imagined playing in all those Warzone's then?
Inside video from Bioware's PVP development dept working on the next patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

Deadpool-x
01.19.2012 , 10:30 PM | #36
I agree with the OP.

Crafting should matter more especially in End Content. Being a 50 that has dedicated a lot of time and credits into a specific craft should have some meaning to it.

I'm not just saying, let them make cool looking gear or superficial fixes. The best gear and items in this game should be made from the players that sank enough time into their craft to do it.

I don't want them to make raiding obsolete, but you could have specific gear that drops from raids that is dependent in some way to the gear or items that the crafters make/sell.

I know it's a tough balancing act but you can't make it so everything is geared to just to spend hours raiding and ignore every crafter out their. I know it's an easy out to ignore the economic dynamics of this, and just give out the best pvp/pve gear by asking every player to grind out BGs or FPs but that's just lazy. Bioware could do better, they could make a system where highly skilled crafters have an integral role in this game.

hsram
01.19.2012 , 10:34 PM | #37
Yea what's the point of these raids? I know I just get gear but I want gift certificates to Chili's too.
I'm naked.

Grandpappy
01.19.2012 , 10:40 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by hsram View Post
Yea what's the point of these raids? I know I just get gear but I want gift certificates to Chili's too.
Hey why not? That'd be a start

Grandpappy
01.19.2012 , 10:43 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadpool-x View Post
I agree with the OP.

Crafting should matter more especially in End Content. Being a 50 that has dedicated a lot of time and credits into a specific craft should have some meaning to it.

I'm not just saying, let them make cool looking gear or superficial fixes. The best gear and items in this game should be made from the players that sank enough time into their craft to do it.

I don't want them to make raiding obsolete, but you could have specific gear that drops from raids that is dependent in some way to the gear or items that the crafters make/sell.

I know it's a tough balancing act but you can't make it so everything is geared to just to spend hours raiding and ignore every crafter out their. I know it's an easy out to ignore the economic dynamics of this, and just give out the best pvp/pve gear by asking every player to grind out BGs or FPs but that's just lazy. Bioware could do better, they could make a system where highly skilled crafters have an integral role in this game.
Even end game gear and weapons that are on par stat wise with what you get raiding but with different appearances or something else that sets them apart from loot gear. As it is now - there's no reason to craft anything at 400 - what's the point?

Grandpappy
01.19.2012 , 10:44 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by hsram View Post
You have down syndrome, no one will miss you. Buh bye.
I love you too