Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is RE broke?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.19.2012 , 02:35 PM | #21
well over 100 blue implants RE'd and not ONE purple recipe

01.19.2012 , 06:55 PM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The rates associated with reverse engineering these items should be the same as it was before the patch, and it should be possible to learn the blue to purple recipes.

01.19.2012 , 09:00 PM | #23
Purple Mettle Mod 16A schematic and it only required me to RE 5 blue ones. Sweet!
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim...
Rudyard Kipling, "If"

01.19.2012 , 09:51 PM | #24
I've been make blue level 41 sniper rifles from level 33 and RE'd them all, I'm now 43 and a bit and still dont have the purple receipe. I even hit 400 in all the crew skills associated.Thats my luck.

But dont worry I have the level 37 sniper rifle purple at least. Pity its got shield rating increase on it. Apparently its a sniper stat.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

01.19.2012 , 10:00 PM | #25
I obtained the epic level 47 force wielder armoring on my second re of a blue today. They didn't break it, just luck.

01.19.2012 , 10:22 PM | #26
Well i guess thats the problem because people like me dont have any luck and theres nothing we can do about it.

I just get annoyed more though when I do have that bit of luck and unlock a purple sniper rifle with defence and shield rating and think...YAY
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

01.19.2012 , 10:57 PM | #27
Feeling like true beta tester I RE'ed 300 49lvl blue implants to get: 2 purples and 2 proc of RE giving message: you already know this pattern

300 is seriously too much...

01.20.2012 , 12:34 AM | #28
2 our of my first 3 level 50 combat medic blue heavy armor helms (i think this was the one) RE'd for purple upgrades (overkill and critical). The RNG is streaky.

01.20.2012 , 01:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post

I think RE'ing should have a 'streakbreaker' mechanic built into it. If you haven't gotten a next tier schematic by 20 RE's, it autopops one on the 21st attempt. Maybe not the one you want, but certainly.

I really like this idea. Why can't RE be mixed indeed? If they love that gambling with RE, let it be there. Like, if you are lucky, you get your upgrade on a first try. But let there be an option for unlucky people to get the recipe too.

I never enjoyed gambling, and loosing over 100k on missions and about 10 hours for gathering mats on foot to get a blue implant (still don't have it, and I'm already terrified of the thought to RE purple one) is not fun but extremely frustrating. It's so NOT worth it.

I understand that the game caters to raid-lovers, but really, should it be to that extent? Right not it seems faster and cheaper to farm raids for high lvl items than crafting something lower in quality.

At this point I really want to abandon my crafting skills in favor of gathering ones and just sell mats on GTN. Not sure it was BW's intention when they designed crafting. The only thing that stops me is reusable medpacks and stims, which were equally hard to get, so abandoning them is a hard decision.

01.20.2012 , 05:42 AM | #30
had 50 lv 49 tank implants made of blue and still no re proc. to purple.

had one created blue proced with bonus slot total of the 50 blues i made,

waste of time, and credits, as i need to farm mats, and sending my companions for diplomacy missions.

well im going to work on this to i get my implants, its feeling like playing ffxi again on crafting to get +1s.
"PvP Is Our Business"