Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Exploit?

Derfmiolleh
01.19.2012 , 05:04 PM | #31
Empire players camped Republic players and killed them as they where spawing, before they could react. BioWare has stated it was not working as intended. Every Imp knows what they did, we all know what happened. Now the Empire players who laughed there Gluteus maximuses off want to belittle everything and BioWare wants to claim Republic was doing it too, so it seems fair. We all know the truth.

dbluett
01.19.2012 , 05:12 PM | #32
So, since BW did not broadcast a message to stop exploiting and to stop spawn camping its ok

I know I'm old but when has any mmo in that ten years let you spawn camp.

It is a behavior that should not be tolerated.

If you were there (republic or sith ) and you spawn camped
in my mind there are only two actions

Ban them

or

Delete all there valor and pvp commendations

BW you claim you want to have strong community how about
making us, the ones that are paying to play, know how will
resolve this.

TetraCleric
01.19.2012 , 05:14 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by dbluett View Post
So, since BW did not broadcast a message to stop exploiting and to stop spawn camping its ok

Ban them

or

resolve this.
Literally every MMO that has ever had PvP lets you spawn camp.

Nerkon
01.19.2012 , 05:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RealAeiouy View Post
Republic players think if they die it is an exploit
made my day

Inihise
01.19.2012 , 05:18 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by dbluett View Post

Ban them

or

resolve this.
SWG We used to camp them coming out of the cloner and totchee station. But then you could just unflag yourself and you couldn't be touched.

Seductivpancakes
01.19.2012 , 05:22 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TetraCleric View Post
Literally every MMO that has ever had PvP lets you spawn camp.
I probably don't have much experience in MMOs as some people in this community do, but there was spawn camping in pvp in SWG, GW, PotS, and WAR, or I was at least unable to get out of where I was spawned cause the other faction just camped there, which in my opinion just as bad.

Edit: Honestly, I don't know why they didn't make spawn points that blocks the other faction from entering to begin with.

dbluett
01.19.2012 , 06:14 PM | #37
Spawn camping is a small part of greater issue here

The mentality of unless "I'm" told by a dev it is not cheating,

There are numerous hacks cheats out there.

Most if not all use lag to trick the server, that is what happen

one or two guys did not get in the "protected zone" and camp I have videos
that show this, and there are many on the web

Under
Rules of Conduct

A 17) Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

A 20) Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

C 1) Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

C 5) Player versus Player (PvP) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.

So to answer the first poster

THERE IS YOUR EXPLOIT

TetraCleric
01.19.2012 , 06:19 PM | #38
Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

lol. I guess you utilized some selective reading?

There was no exploit. Spawn camping is not an exploit.