Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account Cancelled: Terrible FPS after 3 video cards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Account Cancelled: Terrible FPS after 3 video cards

Rochand
01.17.2012 , 06:28 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by justcallmetarzan View Post
@ People with 4gb and no fps issues...

What graphics settings are you at? Not resolution (1080, etc...) what settings? Also, I'm curious about graphics cards. Perhaps high graphics memory + high-bit gpu helps...

Also curious how much memory swtor is using on your machines - both physical and the commit charge.
My settings are all on high and maximum distance, shadows, bloom, vsync...basically every graphical setting in game on the highest setting at 1920*1080 resolution

I have 4GB DDR2 (800MHz if I remember it correctly) RAM, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz and an Asus ENGTX 275 graphics card (this one).

In taskmanager it reports that swtor uses between 1.3-2.3GB depending on location and duration of play, not sure how much of that is commit charge though but I doubt I would notice it much because I run my system and the game on a SSD drive.
CE VIP
Bioware: Please address this issue. PvE players on PvE servers should NEVER be forced into PvP through the actions of greifers! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167

Kissakias
01.17.2012 , 07:07 PM | #122
my only low fps so far are in fleet

darn need to put bazaar and into all spaceports
at least lot of ppl will watch / sell their things outside of the fleet and scatter around all planets
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--39400--achievement points--

Penguinsnow
01.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #123
I though my 4GB of ram was the problem causing me to lag so bad in the fleet and in Ilium PvP zone since it was almost always at 90% usage or more. But after reading this and some other forums it seems to be EA/BioWare's fault for ******** coding. I know my rig is not the best but I still run any modern game max setting with little problem. No idea why it can't do the same to this game since it only puts about 25%-45% work load on my GPU and about 50%-65% workload on my CPU. But I still studder like crazy in opean world pvp or any place with other people.

Here are the specs for my 4 year old system, besides the upgraded GPU's
AMD Phenom 9950 X4 Black Edition (2.6GHz)
4GB Kingston HyperX Memory
6950x2 Crossfire