Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So... maintenance been "delayed"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So... maintenance been "delayed"?

prydenphall's Avatar


prydenphall
01.19.2012 , 10:24 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by theuncandy View Post
The really amusing thing is that the players haven't learned to roll with stuff that happens. Even after seven years of WoW trying to get it right (and still failing, might as well not even sign on during patches), people expect it to be different. Maybe people should learn from their frustration and take a chill pill when this stuff is bound to creep up.

Unforeseeable crap happens. It happens offline, too, but you're likely too glued to your computer to realize it. It's like.. an unexpected rain! Do you fire the weatherman when mother nature decides it's time to shower instead of giving you the predicted sun? Nope!
so true and a very good points

unclekaula's Avatar


unclekaula
01.19.2012 , 10:53 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by -Raz- View Post
actually the subject says 8:00am CST
So the title and subject say 8, whats your point?

iomed's Avatar


iomed
01.19.2012 , 11:59 AM | #103
Try to show patience folks. At least they are fixing this stuff while we are still in beta

zazamataz's Avatar


zazamataz
01.19.2012 , 12:04 PM | #104
Speaking of telling people's traits from their avatars you can tell how old someone is just by how they type. And how good they are.

If someone comes on here and bashes WoW while using precise grammar and instantly denying any negativity about SWtoR it's safe to say that most of them are much older players simply playing because they are star wars fans, which I personally find hilarious.

Anyyywaaayyy... yeah bioware does need to learn from other companies mistakes (such as Blizz did with WoW for the first year). Don't think that your ridiculous argument that it's new is a good argument, because it's not.. if you had any logic in you, you would clearly understand that if something FIXABLE (such as getting non-fail coders to code your game) then it shouldn't have been BROKEN from the start. WoW had massive troubles with bugs early on because their coders weren't top notch. A company such as Bioware who already has successful titles should definitely have top notch coders. The fact that they are making the same mistakes as other games before them have is laughable at the least. And to the idiot that said you can't blame the weather man for making a bad prediction about the weather... really.. that's going to be your comparison.. something that is a 100% ASSUMPTION BASED ON PREVIOUS GRAPHS THAT IS STATED TO NOT BE ACCURATE because again.. its a GUESS. And you are comparing that to coders making coding errors... great job captain. Here's a better comparison If DELL has made computers that everyone hates because they're slow and they crash a lot... and then a company decides to make their own computers based off of what's inside a DELL and then copies exactly what DELL did and just slaps a new logo on it and rearranges the components visually, then that company is fail, and that's exactly what BW is doing, they're coding the same way the early day coders of WoW did instead of realizing that people will not pay to go through the same **** again that they did with other MMO's. **Pro tip, the majority of WoW's basic game coding is done on your computer herrppaaderrpppaa, aka you can read them if you learn their coding language.. which can be found on multiple websites.

TLDR : Bioware step your **** up. Drop the BS excuses and hire some competent people, keep falsifying patch notes and not having a clue what's going on and I guarantee you this game will be dead in 2 months.

Nolez's Avatar


Nolez
01.19.2012 , 12:08 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by prydenphall View Post
so true and a very good points


Are you on drugs?



I don't pay for the weather man/woman..... I do for this game....
Out of all the jobs in this world...you picked the one job,that you only need to be right one day outta 365 days..... ROFL fail


Let me guess...you answer emails from Kenya,and lend money to people with Funds "tied up" in govt paperwork too???

Hey Can I haz yo emailz?




I'm so glad they are working on cool titles to give us....Do you know when they are releasing the new character titles "Sucker" , and " Dumb***** who waited around for them to get it right"

Nolez's Avatar


Nolez
01.19.2012 , 02:41 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by zazamataz View Post
speaking of telling people's traits from their avatars you can tell how old someone is just by how they type. And how good they are.

If someone comes on here and bashes wow while using precise grammar and instantly denying any negativity about swtor it's safe to say that most of them are much older players simply playing because they are star wars fans, which i personally find hilarious.

Anyyywaaayyy... Yeah bioware does need to learn from other companies mistakes (such as blizz did with wow for the first year). Don't think that your ridiculous argument that it's new is a good argument, because it's not.. If you had any logic in you, you would clearly understand that if something fixable (such as getting non-fail coders to code your game) then it shouldn't have been broken from the start. Wow had massive troubles with bugs early on because their coders weren't top notch. A company such as bioware who already has successful titles should definitely have top notch coders. The fact that they are making the same mistakes as other games before them have is laughable at the least. And to the idiot that said you can't blame the weather man for making a bad prediction about the weather... Really.. That's going to be your comparison.. Something that is a 100% assumption based on previous graphs that is stated to not be accurate because again.. Its a guess. And you are comparing that to coders making coding errors... Great job captain. Here's a better comparison if dell has made computers that everyone hates because they're slow and they crash a lot... And then a company decides to make their own computers based off of what's inside a dell and then copies exactly what dell did and just slaps a new logo on it and rearranges the components visually, then that company is fail, and that's exactly what bw is doing, they're coding the same way the early day coders of wow did instead of realizing that people will not pay to go through the same **** again that they did with other mmo's. **pro tip, the majority of wow's basic game coding is done on your computer herrppaaderrpppaa, aka you can read them if you learn their coding language.. Which can be found on multiple websites.

Tldr : Bioware step your **** up. Drop the bs excuses and hire some competent people, keep falsifying patch notes and not having a clue what's going on and i guarantee you this game will be dead in 2 months.

bravo!!!!!!

DevonLoy's Avatar


DevonLoy
01.19.2012 , 03:14 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by zazamataz View Post
Speaking of telling people's traits from their avatars you can tell how old someone is just by how they type. And how good they are.

If someone comes on here and bashes WoW while using precise grammar and instantly denying any negativity about SWtoR it's safe to say that most of them are much older players simply playing because they are star wars fans, which I personally find hilarious.

Anyyywaaayyy... yeah bioware does need to learn from other companies mistakes (such as Blizz did with WoW for the first year). Don't think that your ridiculous argument that it's new is a good argument, because it's not.. if you had any logic in you, you would clearly understand that if something FIXABLE (such as getting non-fail coders to code your game) then it shouldn't have been BROKEN from the start. WoW had massive troubles with bugs early on because their coders weren't top notch. A company such as Bioware who already has successful titles should definitely have top notch coders. The fact that they are making the same mistakes as other games before them have is laughable at the least. And to the idiot that said you can't blame the weather man for making a bad prediction about the weather... really.. that's going to be your comparison.. something that is a 100% ASSUMPTION BASED ON PREVIOUS GRAPHS THAT IS STATED TO NOT BE ACCURATE because again.. its a GUESS. And you are comparing that to coders making coding errors... great job captain. Here's a better comparison If DELL has made computers that everyone hates because they're slow and they crash a lot... and then a company decides to make their own computers based off of what's inside a DELL and then copies exactly what DELL did and just slaps a new logo on it and rearranges the components visually, then that company is fail, and that's exactly what BW is doing, they're coding the same way the early day coders of WoW did instead of realizing that people will not pay to go through the same **** again that they did with other MMO's. **Pro tip, the majority of WoW's basic game coding is done on your computer herrppaaderrpppaa, aka you can read them if you learn their coding language.. which can be found on multiple websites.

TLDR : Bioware step your **** up. Drop the BS excuses and hire some competent people, keep falsifying patch notes and not having a clue what's going on and I guarantee you this game will be dead in 2 months.

You sir are a very angry man.

jihn's Avatar


jihn
01.19.2012 , 03:17 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by DevonLoy View Post
You sir are a very angry man.
Hes also very correct.
CE and ... who the frack cares. Hope we all get a good game.