Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Dragoon-
01.15.2012 , 09:37 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBowser View Post
Where's this? I'm pretty sure Arik is listed as +2 crit diplomacy, and there are no treasure hunting bonuses whatsoever.

Thanks, by the way!
Quote:
e. Republic Side Summary

Best at crew skill combos:

Artifice: Jedi Consular (6)
Synthweaving: Jedi Knight & Jedi Consular (6)
Armstech: Trooper (7)
Armormech: Trooper (7)
Biochem: Trooper (6)
Cybertech: Jedi Consular & Trooper (6)
Profit: Trooper (7)

Best at Crew Skills:

Artifice: Jedi Knight (+10 eff) (only option)
Synthweaving: Jedi Knight (+5 crit)
Armstech: Smuggler (+5 crit)
Armormech: Trooper (+5 crit)
Cybertech: Jedi Consular (+10 eff) and Smuggler (+10 eff)
Biochem: Jedi Knight (+5 crit)
Archeology: Jedi Consular (+15 eff)
Scavenging: Trooper (+5 crit)
Bioanalysis: Jedi Knight (+10 eff), Trooper (+10 eff), & Smuggler (+2 crit)
Slicing: Jedi Knight (+2 crit), Jedi Consular (+10 eff), & Trooper (+10 eff)
Treasure Hunting: Trooper (+2 crit)
Underworld Trading: Jedi Knight (+5 eff), Jedi Consular (+1 crit), Trooper (+1 crit), & Smuggler (+5 eff)
Investigation: Trooper (+10 eff)
Diplomacy: Smuggler (+15 eff)
Under e. Republic Side Summary it list the trooper for treasure hunting.As you noticed yourself non of the Trooper companions have any bonus at all for treasure hunting.
Thought you mixed it up with Aric Jorgan +2 crit diplomacy. Which I suggest you should add to the side summary.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

Necodreus
01.15.2012 , 01:15 PM | #92
As a Vanguard i took armormech. Recently i was doing some Flux quests just thinking it was cheaper. Conductive flux sells so 10 creds, my scav had me pay 215 creds (i think) I got 15 flux three times doibg this, that is not cheaper.

The next lvl flux is 50 creds per, i did a few quests of them.. missions went for500ish creds, i got 6 to 8. I will recheck tonight when i get home but i think its just cheaper to buy in bulk than mission for the flux.
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

TheRealBowser
01.15.2012 , 04:03 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragoon- View Post
Under e. Republic Side Summary it list the trooper for treasure hunting.As you noticed yourself non of the Trooper companions have any bonus at all for treasure hunting.
Thought you mixed it up with Aric Jorgan +2 crit diplomacy. Which I suggest you should add to the side summary.
I think you're right, thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna go check now.

I can't imagine why I made this error. Either way it let me edit that the Jedi Consular was by far better. I think I meant to say that the smuggler was +2 crit, but that wasn't the best either. Either way I appreciate that you pointed this out, thanks!

TheRealBowser
01.15.2012 , 04:04 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Necodreus View Post
As a Vanguard i took armormech. Recently i was doing some Flux quests just thinking it was cheaper. Conductive flux sells so 10 creds, my scav had me pay 215 creds (i think) I got 15 flux three times doibg this, that is not cheaper.

The next lvl flux is 50 creds per, i did a few quests of them.. missions went for500ish creds, i got 6 to 8. I will recheck tonight when i get home but i think its just cheaper to buy in bulk than mission for the flux.
I'm not sure what this is in response to but my opinion is to only take rich missions for vendor bought items, if at all. I haven't measured whether they are worth it but they appear to be. Still, it's time spent for a slight discount when you could be getting better materials.

Edit: Also, I think you should not bother with the earlier vendor bought materials because they cost pennies. Whether you do it for bulk missions of rich yield items that cost 250+ credits per item is up to the individual.

WaddlingWombat
01.15.2012 , 04:51 PM | #95
very nice guide, thanks for doing this

Helltroy
01.15.2012 , 09:01 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by WaddlingWombat View Post
very nice guide, thanks for doing this
Same, Great guide bro!

Keep it up.
Troopers Lead the Way!

Raid Against the Machine, Droogas Pleasure Barge.

Owsley
01.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Prophetic View Post
I could definitely go for a sticky on this!

I've got exactly 6 characters on each side specifically so I can have all of the crafts covered.

Since I'm having so many crafting alts, though, I'm kind of thinking of gaming the system a bit and having characters that are exceptionally good at gathering/mission skills do those exclusively, then feeding the finished bits to those that are exceptionally good at pure crafting.

Actually, I'm totally going to do that now. This guide is awesome!
I was actualy thinking of something along this line with pure gatherers thrown in. I don't want all the crafting skills so I was thinking about picking 3 or 4 crafters and have them do all the missions for rares. For my other alts, I want to go pure node gatherers. Seems to me that I often see nodes clustered, especially Bioanalysis, Archeology, and Scavenging. I think this might save lots of time especially when running quests.

Anyone care to post any recommendations for this scenario?

Jocelynn
01.16.2012 , 08:27 PM | #98
Thanks so much for this guide! This is my first playthrough as a Consular sage, and I had no clue as to how to pick crew skills. I had picked up scavenging, armortech, and treasure hunting, then switched to bioanalysis and biochem but the items crafted seemed irrelevant to what I needed. I guess Qyzen gets to be retrained (again!)

ManCandy
01.19.2012 , 01:44 PM | #99
Forgive my ignorance, but when weighing which class/companion are best suited for a particular crewskill(s) shouldn't critical be of far more importance than efficiency? Especially in the case of crewskills that follow a non linear model of reverse engineering ie..arms/armor/synth

As I understand it, efficiency only effects the length of time it takes to produce/retrieve "X" item/material. Whereas +critical can potentially effect the actual return of the item or material. Now I realize that endgame patterns and missions take a fair bit of time, but the end result is the same.

It seems to me, if for example I need to send a crew member out to craft an epic pattern piece of armor that was going to take 2 hours to craft and I had a choice between getting the item back in 1h 45mins or +5 critical chance, personally I would prefer the crit chance as it potentially can effect the end result of the finial item.

One place I could potentially see the benefit of a +efficiency is a profession like Biochem where you would be more likely to mass produce stims and medpacs for your own consumption, but to that end the epic version of all those patterns are not consumed on use. So who knows....

Just my two cents...

JTCMidas
01.19.2012 , 02:49 PM | #100
Man... I love this guide but now it makes me a bit sad that the Empire got screwed on crafting crit chance...

Reps get +5 on the 4 crafting skills that have a crit... Imps get +5 on 1 of them. Ouch.

Regardless, great guide and very helpful if not a little depressing
﴾Ω﴿ŁΘЭ﴾﴾██████████████████████████████████████﴿