Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How can I keep my friends from ruining the story for my character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How can I keep my friends from ruining the story for my character?

Melkathi's Avatar


Melkathi
12.14.2011 , 11:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
Ah, but if I want it to play out like a movie can I "ignore" the conversation bubble and start my own? Or would we have to break group each time we pick up / turn in a quest and have a conversation, then reform again?
You do not need to break group.

GamewizX's Avatar


GamewizX
12.14.2011 , 11:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
Ah, but if I want it to play out like a movie can I "ignore" the conversation bubble and start my own? Or would we have to break group each time we pick up / turn in a quest and have a conversation, then reform again?
You can "ignore" the conversation bubble and then start your own, or start yours first and start the conversation before any of them accept the auto-invitation to join in. This will allow you to quest together but not partake in the dialog with each other. This might take longer and you won't gain any social points, but this will allow you full control in the dialog cutscenes.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

bazutti's Avatar


bazutti
12.14.2011 , 11:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by iain_b View Post
But, you are not being punished if they choose a different light/dark side than you. If you choose a light option, and they choose a dark one, you still get your light side points.
Wait...is this true? I thought the group choice determined the points and that was that. Awesome if the above is correct!

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 11:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
Wait...is this true? I thought the group choice determined the points and that was that. Awesome if the above is correct!
It's true, the winner determines the direction of the story but you get whatever points you selected.

Pwny_Express's Avatar


Pwny_Express
12.14.2011 , 12:10 PM | #25
What if both people are of the same class and are going into the same class quest encounter? Would you have to run it twice (once for each person to get credit)?

What do social points do? Why do I care about getting them? Can I just do repeatable dungeons to earn them?
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Better advice was never given.

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 12:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
What if both people are of the same class and are going into the same class quest encounter? Would you have to run it twice (once for each person to get credit)?

What do social points do? Why do I care about getting them? Can I just do repeatable dungeons to earn them?
Yes you have to run them twice. Social points are for social rank and you need social rank to get social items. I can't answer if you care about getting them. Yes you could do repeatable dungeons to get them but you'd have to be in a group.